Sunday, November 29

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 30

For today November 30

Outside my window.....
the skies are mostly sunny and the temperatures are more seasonable which means it's cold enough to snow.

I am thinking.....about this past stretch of holiday days.

I am thankful for.....God who is an expert in healing broken hearts.

I am wearing.....a white t-shirt from Hawaii and a pair of jeans.

I am hearing.....chatter in the kitchen while my oldest daughter cuts a brother's hair.

I am creating.....a Christmas gift list for each member of the family.

I am going.....to write out all the activities on my December calendar and hopefully not faint when I look at the finished month.

I am reading.....Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris which so far has been outstanding.

I am praying.....for wisdom in knowing what needs to be said and what God needs to say instead of me.

I am remembering.....that this too shall pass and will bring with it a stronger faith.

I am hoping.....that we stay healthy in the month ahead.

On my mind....is the challenge of difficult relationships.

From the learning rooms....will be getting back on track with our studies after having a week off.

Noticing that....the scale stayed steady through the Thanksgiving season while eating all my favorite foods of the year. Whew!

Pondering these words...."We're not rebelling against institutions or even against people. Our uprising is against a cultural mind-set that twists the purpose and potential of the teen years and threatens to cripple our generation. Our uprising won't be marked by mass riots and violence, but by millions of individual teens quietly choosing to turn the low expectations of our culture upside down." ~ Alex and Brett Harris

From the kitchen....will a final batch of applesauce today.

Around the house.....there's still many signs of grandchildren who have found every possible thing to play with in our home.

One of my favorite things.....is playing Christmas music in my kitchen once Thanksgiving is over.

A few plans for the rest of the week....the children's Christmas program practice at church tonight, Bible study, and getting a focus on the month ahead.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

This is one of my favorite teas when the weather is cold and nippy outside.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this last simple day of November!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm just brewing a cup of my cold weather favorite 'rhubarb creme' Yummy! I enjoyed reading your daybook and visiting your blog!
blessings,
Heather

Mrs. E. said...

Have you been to the Good Earth restaurant in Mnpls? One of my favorites. I like that tea too and I just tried the G.E. Mangosteen flavor I saw at Wal-Mart and I really like it. :)

mom said...

Mmmm, I wonder what rhubarb creme tastes like? I've never thought of that flavor in a drink.

No, I've never been there, Heather. I'll have to remember that the next time I'm traveling in that direction. I do like their teas and I'll have to try the one you have!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin