Monday, November 9

simple woman's daybook for November 9

For today November 9

Outside my window.....
the skies are mostly cloudy with a mist in the air this morning, but this is expected to clear with nice weather again later.

I am thinking.....that the days are going way too quickly as we head to Thanksgiving. So much to do with so little time.

I am thankful for.....the larger job my husband is on right now with weather that has been so ideal. You never know what kind of weather you may be working in this time of the year and this warm dry stretch has been a tremendous blessing for this particular job!

I am wearing.....a denim jumper with a long sleeved bright blue scoop necked top.

I am hearing.....the shower drip which reminds me that I need to ask my husband about that.

I am still creating.....a baby quilt that is laid out on my bed right now as I rearrange blocks.

I am going.....to hopefully get outside to help the kids rake leaves.

I am continuing to read.....God's Pursuit of Man by A. W. Tozer

I am praying.....for a son faraway who is getting all his wisdom teeth surgically removed right about now, for a friend who lost her job on Friday, and for the families who lost loved ones in the Fort Hood tragedy.

I am remembering.....the days I worked as a veterinary assistant before I was married as the dear friend from church who was my co-worker reminisced a bit with me after lunch yesterday. We certainly had some interesting experiences!

I am hoping.....to get back on my wreath project as it remains out on the front deck just waiting for me to pick it back up again.

On my mind.....is what an unfortunate season the Green Bay Packers have been having and perhaps it is time for change in many of the management leadership positions. (Yes, that's probably the most random thing you'll ever read in a Simple Woman's Daybook, but it's been a topic of discussion in our house since their loss yesterday to an 0 - 7 team.)

From the learning rooms.....has been some fun - and a little frustration -as we figure out lapbooking for our history and science chapters.

Noticing that....a daughter is growing up as she often no longer engages in the same activities as her two younger sisters on a daily basis.

Pondering these words...."Use what talent you possess; the birds would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~ Henry Van Dyke

From the kitchen....
will perhaps be some cookies baked to send to a son.

Around the house.....it's quite picked up this morning which is a good way to start a school week!

One of my favorite things.....is watching my girls "ice skate" in their kitchen "arena" complete with outfits, music, and much giggling.

A few plans for the rest of the week....schooling, a congregational meeting, recognizing Veteran's Day, Bible study mid-week, quilt sewing, and a baby shower.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....


Late summer garden sunflowers! How I miss looking out my window and seeing the rows of varied sunflowers. They always look so majestically happy to me and hum with a flurry of bee activity.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook today. If you'd like to read other daybooks or perhaps do one yourself, stop over to Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Have a wonderful late autumn day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh I now that is lilac in your side bar. I soooo love them, tried to grow one here in Florida. Didn't work, my friend has one it grows but never blooms.
Enjoyed your daybook Have blessed week

mom said...

Ohhh, I love lilacs although their blooming season is sooo short. You can probably grow wonderful flowering plants in Florida that I can't grow in my climate, so be encouraged! Plant those instead and enjoy their beauty!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

A Gracious Home said...

I remember when my girls played like that. It is fun to watch them. I pray that your son will recover quickly. I had that done years ago and went to work afterward. I envy your quilting skills. I love homemade quilts. I haven't been to a craft fair lately to see any. Mama bought a baby quilt and pillow at the Sat. craft fair. It was beautiful. The picture is beautiful. I hope you have a great week. Doylene

Nezzy said...

{SIGH} This is me missing my flowers. Hey, Tammy I don't rake leaves. ZoooooooM~chop~chop, I just run the big old lawn tractor over them and mulch them to add extra nutrients into the soil. My yard is over an acre and Hubby doesn't touch the yard.

I loved your list today, thanks for sharing. Have a wonderfully blessed week!!!

stephseef said...

glad to know you've kept up the denim jumper homeschool mom trend.

:::WINK:::

mom said...

You know, I think I can picture you driving that ol' lawn tractor and mowing everything down, Nezzy! LOL!

And LOL, Steph! You know there was a day and time when I felt almost forced to be in daily uniform, but now I'm enjoying the freedom of wearing a denim jumper now and then just because I love them! The sweet flowered embroidery and pockets work well for a busy mom :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin