Tuesday, December 8

a bonus on the eighth

On the eighth day of December, my true love turned to me....

....and laughed when I told him I believed the weatherman!

Yup, he did laugh out loud and reminded me about how many times the weatherman is ALWAYS wrong! When the weatherman says sunshine, it's clouds. When he says lots of rain, it's drizzle. And when he says lots of snow for later today and tomorrow, it may be only light flurries.

Yup, he did laugh out loud and reminded me that the weatherman has a job where he can ALWAYS make mistakes and still keep his job.

Sounds kind of like my job as a mother. I, too, can ALWAYS make mistakes and still keep my job. God's love and grace is sufficient to cover me like a warm fuzzy blanket and it allows my kids to keep loving their mom. Of course, making chocolate chips cookies and allowing them to stay up late now and then are bonuses that help my job security.

Now, if only God would provide the weatherman with the bonus of a big snowstorm....

Enjoy this day in your garden whether there's snow falling or not!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ChiGirl said...

On the 8th day of December my true love said to me..."It's ok honner. Flat tires happen." :) Have I mentioned that I love your son? :)

Mrs. E. said...

Your comaprisons/mataphors are always so fitting. It will be interesting if we get as much snow as is being predicted.

mom said...

You are fortunate that your *honner* so kindly said that after all the problems that car as been having...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin