Tuesday, December 15

courting adventure

On the fifteenth day of December, my true love said to me....

...."I'm headed to the courthouse!"

In all the years we've lived here, this is the first time he's been summoned to the county courthouse for jury duty. He had to call in late yesterday afternoon to verify that there was still a hearing for today because sometimes cases will settle before the court date. The recording told him to report for duty at 8:30 AM. There are so few details on the paper that he didn't know if he'd need to bring a lunch for the day or how long to expect to be there or anything.

Personally, I think it could be a grand adventure.

And personally, I've been summoned twice but both times was released from the requirement. I think one time I was at the very end of a pregnancy and the other time I had a newborn.

All day I will look forward to his return and hope he did NOT find it to be a yawn worthy experience, but rather an experience that he can spin me a few tales over supper tonight!

Enjoy your day....ten days and counting, but who's counting?!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


6 comments:

Luke said...

Sounds potentially interesting.

My wife has been summoned a time or two, but only had to sit around all day before being released.

~Luke

Tina said...

TEN days. . YIKES! I really wasn't counting!
I served on a jury a few years ago. Really enjoyed it. Have sat around a time or two as well. . it is cool to see how the system works!
Tina

ChiGirl said...

I summoned a few years ago, but wasn't called. It was for a murder one trail tho', so it would've been REALLY interesting! It was an easy $17! LOL

Mrs. E. said...

LOL. . . I thought exactly what Tina wrote! Interestingly enough, I have never been summoned to jury duty. I'm sure the request will come at a most convenient time ;)

mom said...

I'm sad to report it was a totally disappointing experience for my husband. Twenty six people arrived...the first twelve got called and six were picked for the jury. My husband said the process was amusing and frustrating at the same time. The one up for trial was defending himself and the case was regarding illegal parking. In other words, he was fighting a parking ticket. Oh well. My husband did his duty....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

mom said...

And yes, TEN days. I'm taking along my Christmas notebook to the dentist this afternoon and can make notes of what I have left to do while the kids are getting their teeth cleaned and checked :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin