Monday, December 14

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 14

For December 14

Outside my window.....it is snowing fluffy snowflakes! The forecast is for three to five inches, but I think we may already have that much on the ground from this snowfall that began during the night.

I am thinking.....that I better get my husband's business bookwork finished up first thing this morning so I can focus on other things that need my attention.

I am thankful for.....a husband who works in all kind of weather.

I am wearing.....my warm favorite sweater and a denim skirt with warm fuzzy socks on my feet.

I am hearing.....my husband shoveling off the porch.

I am creating.....a new list for the week ahead so hopefully I don't forget anything.

I am going.....to print out my master address list as I now realize I had printed out the wedding address list.

I am still trying to read.....Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris, but haven't had much quiet reading time since Thanksgiving.

I am praying.....for work possibilities for my husband during the upcoming winter months.

I am remembering.....the potato buns my mom and grandma always made over the holidays and wondering if the recipe is somewhere in my house?

I am hoping.....that my Christmas shopping is completed by the end of the week AND wouldn't it be wonderful if it was all wrapped by then, too?!

On my mind....is a "bug" someone placed in my ear.

From the learning rooms....we are adding "ing" to words this week as well as doing some lapbook work.

Noticing that....the daylight hours are definitely shortening and I need to fight the urge to want to go to bed immediately after supper!

Pondering these words...."The end of self is the beginning of God."~ A.B. Simpson

From the kitchen....I'm considering some new soup recipes to try.

Around the house.....the living room is still totally discombobulated (isn't that a fun word?!) as the Christmas tree came in later on Saturday and I haven't had a chance to reorganize the furniture yet. The kids are kind of enjoying it all kitty whoompas in there.

One of my favorite things.....is the hearty laughter of friends!

A few plans for the rest of the week....going through the Christmas boxes and decorating the house, a visit to the dentist for the four youngest on Tuesday, a meal together and Bible study on Wednesday, some more online shopping, and baking.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

We went over the river and through the woods to find the perfect Christmas tree on Saturday at a new tree farm. It was the perfect day to look for a tree and we found one a wonderful one this year. Although it isn't decorated yet, the smell of pine in our living room is divine!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this beautiful December day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

keri said...

I always thought kitty whoompas was spelled with only 1 O. ..... LOL!!! ;)

mom said...

LOL! Who really knows? It isn't one of those words that comes up in spell check....

Love you,
Mom

Love Bears All Things said...

I am just about finished with gift wrapping. I need to add some things to my sisters' bags and decide if I want to pick up a gift card for SIL.
I am trying to decide if I want to skip cards this year.
My husband has always worked in all kinds of weather, too. Never one to lay out because of a little snow and very few sick days. He gets 3 weeks of vacation and always ends the year without taking them all. He takes his responsibility to his employer very seriously.
Hope your husband does find work for the winter.
Have a good week,
Mama Bear

mom said...

It truly is difficult for employers to find employees so dedicated to their job and responsibility. You are very blessed to have such a man of honor as your husband, Mama Bear!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin