Monday, December 21

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 21


For December 21

Outside my window.....it is snowing a bit amidst gray skies.

I am thinking.....that sometimes my kids handle disappointment better than I do.

I am thankful for.....safe travels on snowy roads.

I am wearing.....my flannel bathrobe over my jammies and fuzzy socks. Seems I'm not moving too quickly yet this morning.

I am hearing.....glorious silence as my husband has headed off to work and all the kids are sleeping in this morning.

I am creating.....a list of all that needs to get done over the next couple of days.

I am going.....to go stocking stuffing shopping sometime the next day or two.

I am only reading.....my devotional in the morning and one at night before bed because there isn't time to do any other reading right now.

I am praying.....for our country believing that no good can come from legislation that is crafted with deals behind closed doors and voted on in the darkness of night while the American people sleep.

I am remembering.....the years of harmonizing Christmas songs sang in church while standing next to my mom.

I am hoping.....that I can stay on task the next couple of days as I'm not feeling very energized at the moment.

On my mind.....is preparing for an event happening in the new year.

From the learning rooms....we are officially *OFF* school this week although the older boys will be working on schooling to catch up on days missed when they helped their Dad work on a job site.

Noticing that....it is finally really winter on this date! No longer can my children tell me they really don't need hats, mittens, scarves - or even their winter coats! - because it's still fall.

Pondering these words....."One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don't clean it up too quickly." ~ Andy Rooney

From the kitchen.....we'll be baking cookies, cookies, and perhaps more cookies.

Around the house.....is all our stuff from traveling yesterday which had been dumped in the kitchen upon our late night arrival back home.

One of my favorite things.....is watching my grandchildren KNOW us as they get a bit older! I love those smiles of recognition when we first see them on a visit!

A few plans for the rest of the week....baking cookies, wrapping packages, reading Christmas mail, making a run to the airport, and celebrating the birth of my Savior.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

This snowman was forgotten in a box for several years along with another larger snowman as they apparently have been lost in our storage until this year. It was a delight to see him again!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this day and may you have a truly wonderful merry CHRISTmas!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

ruth said...

I don't have an oven this year so I miss my baking days :(

I love those words you're pondering on.

Merry Christmas!

mom said...

Oh, Ruth! You'll have to try some stovetop recipes. There's lots of candies you can make that way such as fudge or yummy rice krispie treats :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit.

May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com

P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing your DayBook - I enjoy dipping into the lives of other journaling ladies ;) And a big AMEN!!! to what you are praying on!!!

Have a lovely and blessed Christmas, I am sure you will find the energy to do what is needed - holidays when we still have littles in the home can be exhausting, altho fun ;)

Best, Kathy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin