Monday, December 28

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 28


For today December 28

Outside my window.....it is mostly cloudy and lightly snowing.


I am thinking.....about a lot of things the Lord keeps whispering to me as the new year approaches.

I am thankful for.....my son's family arriving safely to their home last night after traveling on some treacherous roads as they returned from holiday visits with his wife's family.


I am wearing.....my warm black exercise pants and a t-shirt with a warm pink hooded sweatshirt thrown over it.


I am hearing.....my husband plowing our driveway.


I am creating.....a menu for when all the kids will be here later in the week.


I am going.....to make out a list of those last minute gifts so I can finish my shopping.


I am only reading.....my devotional in the morning and one at night before bed.


I am praying.....for the pregnancy resource center where I volunteer as their building experienced flooding from rain and snow on a roof that is in need of repair.


I am remembering.....how much I enjoy the lull between Christmas and New Year's Day.


I am hoping.....that the colds that the girls have will remain only colds with runny noses and don't turn into something else before the rest of the family comes home.


On my mind.....is preparing for family to arrive as we'll soon need to readjust all the bedrooms to accommodate all who will be sleeping here.


From the learning rooms....we are officially *OFF* school this week although I'm hoping the older boys will work on a little bit as they are behind a little bit.


Noticing that....my children are growing up.  It happens so gradually when you are with them all the time that you barely realize it. 



Pondering these words....."Cooking may be as much a means of self-expression as any of the arts." ~ Fannie Merritt Farmer.

From the kitchen.....we'll be eating lightly for a couple of days since we know the kitchen will be busy with cooking toward the end of the week.

Around the house.....is an atmosphere of relaxing laziness.


One of my favorite things.....is going through my rubbermaid containers filled with fabrics and dreaming of what I could make with those fabrics!


A few plans for the rest of the week....shopping, cleaning, rough drafting our end of the year family letter,  and memory making with all my children home!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....



A little glimpse over my garden gate as my garden sleeps under snow cover.  I'm wondering how those garlic bulbs are doing! 

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Enjoy these holiday days!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Tina said...

The nice thing about last minute gifts is that EVERYTHING is on sale. Every year I wish I could shop AFTER Christmas is over :)
Praying for the pregnancy center and your colds stay colds.

Nezzy said...

I love reading your daybook. May God bless your day.

Still praying for your colds and wishing you a Happy New Year!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin