Saturday, December 19

a safe arrival!

As I've been busy buzzing around today, I realized that I forgot to mention something this week....


:::::drumroll:::::


My grandson's Christmas stocking arrived safe and sound to him this year! After getting lost never to be found in last year's December mail, it's such a delight to know that this year's repeat version made it there. The stocking I made this year is basically the exact same one I did last year.

Here's a look at some of the cross-stitching on the name part of the stocking, although I've since noticed from other pictures that I used a different alphabet script for his name on this year's stocking. I don't think he'll mind.

And here's a look at the rest of the stocking with hand quilting along the deer trail. Since I needed to crop this picture for the blog, I see that it isn't as clear as I'd like...sorry about that!

Yes, I realize that a boy with baseball gear and a bunch of deer seem like an odd mix. But, if you knew his daddy, you'd know they are a good blend as his daddy has always loved baseball AND deer hunting. Perhaps my grandson will as well....

Back to your regularly scheduled weekend :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


4 comments:

ChiGirl said...

We brought it down with us so he can his goodies out of it on Christmas :) It's SO awesome! And yes, a perfect reflection of his daddy, and probably him too. :) Thank you again! Love you!!!

Kimmie said...

Oh so sweet. Beautiful job sweet friend.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted
*expecting again...from Ethiopia!

Mrs. E. said...

Yeah, glad to know the stocking made it! It's so cute, Tammy! It is a special gift which will be remembered, always! Hope your travels went well yesterday.

mom said...

Ohhhh, I didn't know you took their stockings with you! Fun :-)

Heather, our travels went well for the most part. We did hit snow on the way home and the worst was that last hour north when the roads were completely covered with snow with no tracks since there was hardly any traffic. At least my husband knows the way well enough that he kept us going...yikes!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin