Wednesday, January 6

a little tea kettle

One thing I've wanted to add to my kitchen for quite a while has been a tea kettle as there's always something we need hot water for such a cup of hot chocolate or hot cider or a cup of tea.  Oh yes, you can warm up water in the microwave in a couple of minutes or heat water in a small pan on the stovetop, but my thoughts kept wandering back to being in my grandma's home and hearing the whistle of her silver tea kettle. 

For over a year on Wednesday evenings we have been hosting Bible study in our home.  Coffee, tea, and a treat have always been a part of our fellowship time and my longing for a tea kettle has been strengthened with the many tea drinkers in our group.  Since it is Wednesday today, it seems like a perfect time to share one of my Christmas gifts which, of course, delighted my heart.

A tea kettle.  With pink on it.  With flowers on it.  Absolutely perfect!


Although we've already tested it out and have adjusted to being startled by the whistle that sound more like a weather siren (!), I can't wait to put it into official hot water use when our group begins meeting again tonight.


Until then, I have much cleaning to do since we've only been in the packing away and putting away mode for the last couple of days.  Time to actually CLEAN the house.....



May your day include a hot cup of tea with a friend!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

7 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

I had my morning coffee while reading blogs... does that count?!

I love your little kettle! VERY cute!!

ChiGirl said...

It's so nice and pinky on your stove :) Enjoy it tonight--and see how many people think a tornado's coming!! LOL I think I'll now go heat up my little red kettle for some tea! :)

Chris Worthy said...

So beautiful! I wonder if the whistle would make my dogs bark? :)

mom said...

Okay, okay, I'll bend the rules so your coffee drinking blog reading counts! LOL!

Interesting thought, Chris, but I don't recall our dogs reacting to the siren whistle when I tested it out, but maybe they weren't even in the house at the time. I'll have to test it out....

It was a tea kettle Christmas, wasn't it? I didn't get in on the tea kettle picture :::sniff sniff::: Enjoy your red tea kettle tea!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

Does it count if your tea kettle is electric?

I love yours. It is so pretty Tammy! It will be fun to use with your guests.

I had to go electric when I had children, as I kept forgeting to take it off the heat...to the point of fire. Yeah, even with the whistle. (it doesn't whistle forever you know ;-)

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

WHAT?! It won't whistle forever?! I may be in trouble...yikes! You know, I've never heard of an electric tea kettle. Does it sit on a stand like a coffee maker, Kimmie?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Serendipity is Sweet said...

It is so pretty! Enjoy ;D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin