Friday, January 15

the pieces of history

It's a sound no mother likes to hear.

The shattering of glass.


I heard it this morning and went running into the kitchen. 


Not a soul around, but shards of glass on the floor by the sink.

The container for my blender.


Not any ol' blender.  It was a blender that had been around since ancient of days at my parents home and which they gave to me years ago thinking I'd get a lot of use out of it with my houseful of kids.  

And we did get a lot of use out of it enjoying every whir of the blades.  Lots of malts and shakes and weird concoctions that the kids loved to blend together.  The poor thing has lived through the battles of food recipes and has the scars, drippings and gunk build up to prove it.


Unfortunately, it appears it was poorly stacked into the dish rack last night by the dish doer and has met its demise.  


Blenders are fragile.  So are relationships.  Handle with care.....


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

wonderloveandpraise said...

i haven't seen a blender with buttons like that in a VERY long time.

time to let the dream die.

::: :) :::

Tina said...

I saw a similar one at the thrift store today :) Thought about picking it up for you, but then I thought it might be an opportunity for you to get a "newer" one :) (I can go back if you want me to though!)

mom said...

Ya, it was pretty ancient of days...

I can't believe you saw one like this, Tina! I wonder if it actually worked? Hmmm.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin