Wednesday, January 27

rambling to my knees

"I've never met anyone who became instantly mature.  It's a painstaking process that God takes us through, and it includes such things as waiting, failing, losing, and being misunderstood--each calling for extra doses of perseverance." ~ Charles Swindoll

Here I am...calling for extra doses of perseverance!  

The waiting, failing, losing, being misunderstood, and a collection of other things currently rambling through my life make me feel quite immature in my walk with the Lord.  

Extra doses of perseverance?  Perhaps.

Abundant doses of prayer?  Absolutely!

And aren't the ramblings of life that put us in a constant state of prayer right where God wants us in the first place?  

Sure wish I'd learn that lesson and learn it well.....

As we tend to our gardens filled with our family, remember that a majority of the work is done from our knees whether through the Lord's way of humbling us or as we seek Him in prayer.



Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Nezzy said...

Oh girl, your so right. In the garden and in life we are found on our knees!

You have a marvelous day filled with blessings from above!!!

Kimmie said...

I find I grow less if I am just standing...my spiritual growth has always happened at times that needed to be spent in prayer.

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

Thank you for the reminder, Kimmie! It's hard to see the growth when you are down...need to lift your eyes up!

Thanks for your encouragement, Nezzy!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Letitia said...

Definitely the spot God has had me and our family in for several months now. Persevering, trusting His word, trusting His goodness, DEEP in His Word, on our knees, on my face, waiting, waiting, and waiting, clinging to the hope of His promises. My have we have grown this year.

Chris Worthy said...

Oh, I definitely needed this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin