Monday, January 11

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 11


 
For today January 11

Outside my window.....it is mostly cloudy and lightly snowing.

I am thinking.....about my crowded life and how to create more space.



I am thankful for.....a pastor who loves his flock and who encourages us to become more God focused and to have a heart for relationship building.



I am wearing.....dark blue pants, a white turtleneck long sleeved top with my favorite old wine colored sweater thrown on top.



I am hearing.....my littlest singing her own songs. 



I am creating.....a secret project but am not sure I have the things on hand I need for it so I may not be able to do it after all. 


I am going.....to start working on some end of the year tax paperwork.



I am reading.....very little at the moment except for my devotionals and the Bible.



I am praying.....for good health for our family this week, especially for my daughter-in-law who can't shake her cold. 


I am remembering.....how long it would take to bundle up all my kids for the wintry outdoors when they were all little and how they'd only stay outside for about 10 - 15 minutes and then I'd reverse the process wondering why we kept doing this over and over again?



I am hoping.....that I will find out what is going on with my left knee which has been sore since Thanksgiving.


On my mind.....is wanting clear discernment and wisdom about a particular difficult relationship.



From the learning rooms....we are back on track with our studies after having a slow week of schooling last week. 



Noticing that....one of the dogs seems to be in a naughty chewing mood which I need to keep a close eye on right now.




Pondering these words....."If we have the true love of God in our hearts, we will show it in our lives.  We will not have to go up and down the earth proclaiming it.  We will show it in everything we say or do." ~ D.L. Moody


From the kitchen.....I think I need to try a potato soup again since someone recently mentioned having it for supper and now that's all I can think about making for our supper.


Around the house.....are lapsized fleece blankets that the kids bought on sale last week which they are using for snuggling when they are chilly.



One of my favorite things.....are the smiles found in chubby dimpled cheeks.




A few plans for the rest of the week.....play try-outs for my girls later this afternoon which will determine the main schedule for the week, a meeting for women's ministry tonight, addressing envelopes and sending out our end of the year family letter and picture, hosting Bible study midweek, and enjoying a long weekend with visiting grandchildren.



Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

We were blessed to attend a beautiful wedding over the weekend of a couple overjoyed to become married.  Not only are my children growing up and getting married, but so are the children of my friends.  Children that I remember as babies.  Children that played with my children.  And suddenly I feel very old....


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Stay warm on this January day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

 

2 comments:

Nezzy said...

Tammy I so enjoy reading your daybook. If we have the true love of God in our hearts really touched mine. We truly need to be showing His love to others in our lives.

Have a greatly blessed day!!!

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Nezzy! May your day be greatly blessed, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin