Monday, January 18

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 18

 
For today January 18

Outside my window.....it is a heavy cloudiness with a chance of snow flurries.


I am thinking.....about how I have way too many projects going at once and that perhaps I need to work on finishing some rather than adding more!


I am thankful for.....a bit of a January thaw as we've had high temps in the 30's recently.  


I am wearing.....my flannel robe and fuzzy socks over my jammies as I just got up a little bit ago. 

I am hearing.....the telephone ring as my husband forget to tell me something when he left this morning.

I am creating.....a lap quilt for a friend.


I am going.....to enjoy being home a bit more this week as last week was filled with lots of out-of-the-house stuff.


I am reading..... my devotionals and the Bible.


I am praying.....for good health for my family as there's been a *bug* in our house over the weekend.


I am remembering.....how those "getting up during the nights to check on little ones" felt the next morning.


I am hoping.....that my left knee will start feeling better soon.


On my mind.....is the Bible study we are going through right now and wishing I had more quiet time to ponder it.


From the learning rooms....we'll be catching up on corrections.


Noticing that.... January is FLYING BY!


Pondering these words....."Fulfillment is not a goal to achieve, but always the by-product of sacrifice." ~ Elisabeth Elliot


From the kitchen.....I'll be making a big pot of chili for family and friends today.


Around the house.....are lots of messes from my grands visiting this weekend. 

One of my favorite things.....is knowing there's some chocolate in my stash right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are the departure of my son and family and their friends later on today,  drivers ed class in the evenings for a son,  addressing envelopes and sending out our end of the year family letter and picture (yes, this was suppose to be done last week!), dentist appointments for the girls, a meeting with a possible doula client, hosting Bible study midweek, and some sewing.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....


My three youngest were cast in a production of The Pied Piper which had two performances on Saturday.  They thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the rehearsals and the play!


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day! If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this January day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

8 comments:

keri said...

Cutest rat EVER!!! lol!! :) Very nice picture!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

Your girls did AWESOME! Sassy. . I mean funny cook played her part especially well LOL.
Hope your knee gets better :)

Tina

A Gracious Home said...

What a cute picture of your children. I have too many projects going also. I find myself counting how many minutes everything I do takes. I love lap quits. I wish my hands were able to quilt. Doylene

Ruth said...

Lovely picture of your children.

I hope you stay in good health.

mom said...

Tina, you'll be excited to know that the cook actually got an invitation to attend the special camp that Missoula Children's Theater offers in the summer. So, I guess her sassiness paid off for a change!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

what a cute picture. How fun.

Sorry your knee is hurting, that is no fun.

What is your Bible study on?
Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

The morning women's study is doing Becoming a Woman of Prayer and the evening study at our house is doing a study that is going along with a sermon series entitled One Month to Live.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin