Wednesday, January 20

that big wall

Did you hear it?  The thud?


:::::THUD:::::


It's the sound that is heard reverberating through my house when I hit the wall of overwhelmedness (can you believe that spell check doesn't know that word?) You know, like today.


:::::THUD:::::


I think it probably began way back at Thanksgiving time and has been building and building and building.  The "to do" list has been getting longer and longer and longer.  The interruptions have been increasing and increasing.  And life just refuses to stop for a moment so I can catch up!  The nerve!


Ohhh, a lot of it has been good stuff.  I love family times.  I love times spent with friends.  I actually love doing the things on my list like writing and cooking and schooling and cleaning and insert a million other things here.  I don't, however, love being so far behind on so many things.


The greatest irony in all of this is that in a couple of weeks I need to speak to a group of women about stopping and catching your breath.  Yup, God certainly has a sense of humor, doesn't He?  And I'm guessing that sense of humor will come with some timely lessons for me in the days ahead, eh?


Until then, I think I'll procrastinate a bit longer and pull my sewing machine right next to the wall of overwhelmedness.  The hum of my sewing machine will not only put a hum back into my heart, but will also give me some quiet time allowing me to stitch together a plan of focused intent to tackle that big wall!

Whew!  Hope to see you on the other side of that wall tomorrow! 

Until then, may all the walls in your garden be little ones that you can hop right over! 


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

ValleyGirl said...

Funny (and a little annoying!) how that works, eh?! I should probably hear your presentation ~ I feel like I'm in the same boat. And it's making me cranky and frustrated with everything and everyONE.

Physically taking a deep breath is easy enough; it's that deep, refreshing spiritual breath that's sometimes a little harder. It's something you almost have to work at, and when work is all you feel like you're already doing, it's hard to WANT to do more. You know what I mean?

I'm going to say a prayer right now for both of us.

mom said...

Thank you for the prayer!

I did a tiny bit of sewing, then, um, ::::whispering:::: took a bit of a nap. It really did seem to be a lost day, but today has gone much better as I have been more focused and accomplished a few things on my list :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Karen said...

oh girl, I can relate. I keep waiting for the moment when things will "settle down and get back to normal." I've come to the conclusion that it's not happening. I guess I'll have to take the bull by the horns...and just sit. Praying you find your bit of breath...

blessings,
karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin