Monday, February 1

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 1

For today February 1 

Outside my window.....it's cloudy and still below zero this morning.

I am thinking.....about how happy I am that February has arrived as it's the shortest month of the year which is a very pleasant winter thought.  


I am thankful.....that my Christmas/end of the year letter mailing is finally done!


I am wearing.....my denim skirt with a red turtleneck top and a dark blue hoodie sweater over it.

I am hearing.....a dog snoring.

I am creating.....a list of projects for February.


I am going.....to try shaking this hibernation feeling and get busy this month!


I am reading..... my devotionals and the Bible.


I am praying.....for my sweet granddaughter to get better as she's been battling a nasty cold which has made her very crabby.


I am trying to remember.....to give my camera photo card to a friend this week so she can work on a seemingly hopeless picture for me.


I am hoping.....that my words tonight will be the Lord's and not me blabbering.


On my mind.....is how ancient and slow my laptop is getting and wondering how I can save or make enough money to replace it this year.

From the learning rooms....we're over the halfway mark in our school weeks which means the books are starting to get smaller!  YAY!


Noticing that....the daylight really is beginning to linger longer.


Pondering these words....."If we never have headaches through rebuking our children, we will have plenty of heartaches when they grow up." ~ C.H.  Spurgeon


From the kitchen.....I need to dig through my dried bean supply and make a big pot of soup with the ham I have right now.

Around the house.....are the messes from my littlest.  She LOVES to play all day long and I need to be more consistent in reminding her to pick up after she's done and before she starts something new.

One of my favorite things.....is watching Jane Austen movies with my girls - both near and far!


A few plans for the rest of the week.....are the women's gathering at church this evening,  a chiropractic appointment tomorrow,  early morning women's Bible study at church plus hosting Bible study midweek, meeting with another doula client at the end of the week, and some sewing.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
It never ceases to amaze me how I can't get my children outside to play when the weather is ideal no matter what the season, but if it's nasty out there's no way I can keep them indoors!  Last week the girls were insistent about cross country skiing through our bit of property when the temps were hovering around ZERO.  They bundled up and loved it!  Go figure....

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this first day of February!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~ 

4 comments:

Belles said...

I love your words to ponder today.
Enjoyed your post.

God's Girl said...

I too enjoyed your post!
May God bless you in very special ways today! : )

Love,
Julie

A Gracious Home said...

I enjoyed your blog. I know what you mean about the children loving the cold and snow. Mine are grown now but they all love to go skiing yearly. We got a snow this last week and the grands had so much fun. I hope you have a great week. I hope your grand will be well soon. Doylene

mom said...

Thank you for stopping by and blessing my day. And my sweet little granddaughter has finally turned a corner and is feeling better which helps her grandma feel better as well!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin