Tuesday, February 16

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 16

 
 For today February 16 

Outside my window.....the skies are blue and it should be a mild winter day with sunshine.  My favorite kind of day!

I am thinking.....about how quickly February is passing.

I am thankful.....that God puts people in our path right when we need them.


I am wearing.....my denim skirt and a warm pink sweatshirt.

I am hearing.....the dog pawing at the door to come back in again.  In.  Out.  In.  Out.

I am creating.....a list of women's ministry in our church.

I am going.....to work on getting my high schoolers' records in order.

I am reading..... my devotionals and the Bible.

I am praying.....for a friend's struggles as she waits on God for answers. 

I am remembering.....watching the Olympics 18 years ago when I was very pregnant and wouldn't go into the hospital until the closing ceremonies were over.


I am hoping.....that I can learn how to applique on quilts or else my new idea will not work and I'll have to figure out another way to do it.

On my mind.....is a list a mile long with energy only a centimeter in height.

From the learning rooms....it has been so much fun to watch my littlest constantly writing down random words.  She's so excited to read!

Noticing that....the daylight hours really are stretching a little bit at a time.


Pondering these words....."When a person, yielding to God and believing the truth of God, is filled with the Spirit of God, even his faintest whisper will be worship." ~ A.W.Tozer

From the kitchen.....will be ham and scalloped potatoes for supper which is a family favorite.

Around the house.....are extra blankets and pillows in the living room as we settle in to watch the Olympics daily.

One of my favorite things.....is hand quilting and praying.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are an early morning women's Bible study at church plus hosting Bible study midweek, a birthday later in the week, hopefully a bit of walking, and some deep cleaning in between as I continue to work on my list.  It looks like it may be a light week of activities!  YAY! 


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
This is my pile of recent sewing threads.  I don't have a garbage container by my sewing machine, so the snippings tend to pile up.  I've since started a thread jar to set there, so we'll see how many different colors of threads I'll use throughout the year.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy your February day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~ 

2 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Great words to ponder. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

I really enjoyed your daybook! I also think the words to ponder are excellent. Hope you have a great day!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin