Monday, February 8

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 8


For today February 8 

Outside my window.....it's cloudy with a chance of snow later today.

I am thinking.....about how quickly my February calendar filled up despite my best efforts for that NOT to happen.

I am thankful.....that God has a plan even when we can't see it or figure it out.

I am wearing.....my flannel bathrobe since it's chilly in the house and I'm not brave enough to jump into the shower yet....brrr!

I am hearing.....my husband talking to his phone again as he tries to figure out its features.

I am creating.....a thread jar.

I am going.....to enjoy some fun and fellowship this morning.

I am reading..... my devotionals and the Bible.

I am praying.....for the continued relief efforts in Haiti.

I am remembering.....some of the music that came from the days of my youth after listening to the Who last night during the Super Bowl halftime while I folded laundry in the other room.


I am hoping.....that I can continue crossing things off my list and stay on task.

On my mind.....is how perfectly God designed our bodies to work and wondering why He didn't figure out a smoother hormone plan for women as they transition into menopause.

From the learning rooms....we'll see if a daughter will be more willing to work with her mama this week.

Noticing that....the dog's back is sore again after a day of playing, running, and jumping with kids over the weekend.


Pondering these words....."It is not great talents that God blesses so much as great likeness to Jesus." ~ Robert Murray McCheyne

From the kitchen.....our frig is full of leftovers, so you know what we'll be eating for a couple of days!

Around the house.....are my quilting supplies.  I need to get the quilt off the frames, the items put back into their places, and fold the quilt up for hemming later.

One of my favorite things.....is seeing the cat curled up by a sunny window in the afternoon.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are a valentines party this morning for my younger ones, a surprise party later for an older one, sending off valentines in the mail, a women's ministry meeting, early morning women's Bible study at church plus hosting Bible study midweek, a bridal shower later in the week, and finishing up this quilt.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Here's a peek at the valentines that my girls made to give away this morning. 

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy your February day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Nezzy said...

I always enjoy stoppin' by to read your journal. What sweet little Valentines your girls made!

Ya'll have a greatly blessed day from the snowy hills and hollers of the Ozarks!!!

mom said...

You are always such a faithful Monday stopper byer, Nezzy! Thanks for the greeting!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin