Saturday, February 20

a sunshine break

The milder daytime temperatures around 30 degrees this week, sunshine streaming through our windows PLUS a typical long Friday of of sitting through school corrections prompted me to wander outside for a few minutes during our lunch break.  The sunshine felt so so SO wonderful on my winter face that I wandered over to my husband's work garage to pull one of the summer chairs out of storage.  The chair was brought over to the snow covered sandbox where I love to sit in the summer. 
Seeing that the ground was definitely not level as the sunshine had melted the snow right night to the little storage building, I set the chair in a rather precarious position in the snow bank carefully climbing into it.  Peacefully I sat for about fifteen minutes with my eyes closed.  Did I mention that the sunshine felt so so SO wonderful?

Then the dogs barked, the kids called, and my peaceful quiet time was over.  But what a blessing that brief little moment in time had been while enjoying God's creation as it provided the perfect refreshment to carry me through the rest of the day !  

May God provide simple little refreshments in your day, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Oh and He did. It came in a brown box with a lovely note. Made with love, given with more love-each stitch a prayer I am sure.

I love it sweet friend. I sent you a note by gmail...;-)

Glad you got a bit of sunshine...praying you get blessed with more times of refreshing. Certainly in His presence is the fullness of JOY!

oh how I wish you could teach me to quilt. Yours is beautiful and amazing! I do so need a mentor... in so many ways.

xoxo

love you my friend!

mom said...

Oh! Yay! I'm so glad it arrived! I had no idea how long it would take to travel through snowy country to find you. I'm refreshed once again :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin