Monday, March 29

and she's off!

Look, mom!
 Dad took the training wheels off my bike!
And I can ride all by myself!
 See!
Mom!  Are you still watching?!
You never know what a day may bring. Wow!  I think she was the quickest one of all the kids to make the transition from training wheels to riding on her own.  Back and forth up and down the driveway she goes!  It gives me the sniffles as I watch that little girl with a feather in her hair....another first for my last child.

And a picture for my sweet granddaughter....
Here's Sally!  She's missing you and hopes you come to visit Grampa and Grammy's house again SOON!

Life is short.  Enjoy each moment!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

LaughingLady said...

How exciting!! It's always a little bittersweet when they gain another step towards independence, isn't it? This particular step I loved though (this, and them being finally able to wipe their own butts!), because now it's actually possible for my girls and I to go for a bike ride together. Our gravel roads and her training wheels just didn't work very well ~ it's so freeing for her to be on two wheels!!

I LOVE that you have a "bicycle built for two!!" They always look like so much fun!

randi said...

It is so bittersweet watching our youngest ones taking these big steps!

She looks so happy and free on her bike!

mom said...

That will be the best part...being able to take REAL bike rides now :-)

It seems the littlest takes these big steps with such JOY! I'm so glad God put her on the end :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

What a great place to ride her bike! She must be in heaven when it becomes free time now.

Love your bicycle built for two. We had a blue one when I was a girl. Boy, I'd love to find one now for my children to enjoy. Yours is lovely.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 3/4 adopted

keri said...

I loooove the feather in her hair. :)

mom said...

Kimmie, we got ours several years ago when people donated items for a church silent auction to raise money for a youth mission trip. It was the one thing I really wanted as I knew the kids would love riding on it. And it is a lot of fun riding unless you are the person in the back...yikes! =:-O

I have no idea where that big yellow feather came from, but it looks like it escaped from a chief's Thanksgiving headdress...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin