Wednesday, March 3

eyeing the eye

I want to introduce you to a long long lost new best friend.....
As I've been busy sorting through things the last few days, I ran across this little beauty.  I knew I had one at one time, but had no idea if it was still around somewhere.  Then I stumbled across it in a box of sewing odds and ends.  

I'm in HEAVEN!

What is it you ask?

It's a needle threader!

You set the eye of the needle into smoke stack thing.  The thread gets placed in the gap next to the smoke stack thing.  The little white foot pedal looking thing gets pushed and the thread goes through the eye of the needle.  As you pull the needle back out it's ready to go!

Having struggled with threading needles as I can't seem to see well with or without my glasses to do such a simple task, I am very happy!

Now I wish I could figure out an easy way to thread my sewing machine needle....

May you have little conveniences to rejoice about today, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

Heasleye said...

Wow, I've never seen one of those before. I'm blessed to have a machine that has a needle threader. I didn't think I would use it much, but it is convenient. As I was working on some cross-stitch recently and had to thread my needle a lot, I can see how one of these gizmos would be handy. :)

mom said...

Ohhhhh, Elaine! I didn't know there was such a thing and now I'm totally jealous! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Mrs. E. said...

I've never seen one of those before, Tammy! Thinking of you this week. Hope you are having sewing fun and accomplishing those projects on the to-do list.

mom said...

I'm working hard on my projects, Heather, but the only sewing I've done so far is a necessity task of recovering a quilt. *Hopefully* I can carve out some applique learning tomorrow!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

LaughingLady said...

You TOTALLY just brought back a bunch of memories of my grandma!! She passed away when I was twelve, but I used to LOVE threading needles for her (whether she needed them threaded or not!) with one of those babies! Hers was a red one. I'm sure she was afraid I'd break it ~ and she really needed it, because all the years I knew her, her eyesight was failing ~ but she let me play with it anyway. I'm so glad I was old enough when she passed to still have some really great memories of her.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin