Tuesday, March 2

lion's work on a lamb's day


What a wonderful verse to kick off the new month - "The Lord is my strength and my song." ~ Exodus 15:2

So, how has your month of March come in?  Like a lamb or like a lion?

If I'd go by looking out my window, we definitely had lamb weather.  The cloudy skies of the morning gradually faded until sunshine was streaming through our windows in the afternoon.  Temperatures rose into the 30's and the snow on the ground softened.  A beautiful day indeed!

If I'd go by looking within my home, we definitely had lion activity.  I began tackling a project that has been long overdue.  Although my early homeschooling records were kept quite organized, as the years passed and our family grew and life got a bit hectic, often times it was easier to throw paperwork into a box until *someday* when I'd have time to sort through and organize it.  How often does *someday* come at your house?  Not very often here, I'm afraid.  Well, until yesterday when I attacked the project like a lion chasing its prey.  

Twenty-three folders for twenty-three years of homeschooling were spread out upon my bed as I sorted through boxes putting the appropriate paperwork with the appropriate folders.  The thing that REALLY slowed me down was all the other paperwork that got placed into these boxes through the years, too.  Missionary letters, tons of recipes, a folder on soapmaking, Christmas cards, newspaper clippings, etc.  Now I had to find a place for those kinds of things in the midst of this project and for the most part they all got thrown into a box to sort through today.  

At the end of the yesterday, the twenty-three folders had all the sorted paperwork randomly placed in them and today my project will be to put each folder in order making sure I have all the necessary papers for that school year.  It shouldn't take me long and I'm excited to get it done so that I may put all the folders in neat order on my shelf.  

Of course, there is that other random box waiting for me to sort through, but I'm in a lion mood so it shouldn't take too long.

The only thing I'm struggling with is all those recipes I've clipped out through the years.  I want to keep them and yet it's so easy to find any kind of recipe imaginable online nowadays that I could probably toss the whole boxful.  What to do?  What to do?????  

What would YOU do?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

ChiGirl said...

Toss it!! Toss it NOW while you're in the tossing mood! Tomorrow you might be in a saving mood. LOL

stephseef said...

i only saved 2 cookbooks. it was hard to throw them away, but i almost always look online..... one free cupboard!!

mom said...

Wow, I'm impressed, Steph! Actually I didn't have time to go through that box of recipes to make a final decision, but did browse through the top clippings AND pulled out a recipe to try on our Bible study group tomorrow night. It's called Holy Cow and it looks simply incredible hee hee!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

Try the ones that tickle your fancy still. If you love them get them written in a recipe book (with all your favorites for your children to have, if they wish someday)...if not get yourself a firepit and enjoy the fire!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin