Saturday, March 20

the popping of green

We knew that amazing breath of spring wasn't here to stay.  It was much too wonderful to really be spring, but the week long taste of it was incredible!  Even though the temperatures are back into the teens this morning as we return to more seasonable reasonable days, there is hope.  I've seen it.  It's in my garden.  

Although there is typically nothing much happening in my garden in the early spring - at least until the rhubarb wakes up - I remembered the special planting I did late last fall.  Glorious garlic!  Yum!  Not the typical garden crop since it takes awhile as you plant it in the fall, it sleeps over the winter, then after the long season of rest it pops out in the early spring ready to grow.  

Around the garden fence we walked until we came to the special fenced in area where lo and behold....
....there were four little pointed shoots scattered among the rows popping through the ground!

I'm so excited!  I LOVE garlic!  And it's now growing in my garden!

Are there signs of green popping up in your garden?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Nope. Still too cold here, even after the last two weeks of spring-like weather. But I can guarantee you the first greenery around here is ALWAYS weeds!!!!

mom said...

I wish you would warm up and send it here! Ya, I hear you on the weed stuff....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin