Monday, March 1

Simple Woman's Daybook for March 1


For today March 1

Outside my window.....the skies are cloudy with a slight chance of some snow flurries this morning.  It looks like the forecast for the rest of the week will be mild with highs in the 30's with sunshine!

I am thinking.....that I like the accountability that my weekly daybook provides.  I can always look back to the week before to see if I got done what I had planned to do.

I am thankful.....the Olympics are now done.  They've been fun to watch and help pass the winter days and evening as we cheered on our favorite athletes, but they also consumed large amounts of time sitting on the couch.

I am wearing.....my black exercise pants with a warm hooded pink sweatshirt.

I am hearing.....the sweet un-sound of quiet!

I am creating.....a re-covered quilt for the girls bed which is turning out to be a much bigger project than I thought it would be.


I am going.....to work at chiseling down my list of some of the big items this week.  I hope to get all our school records out of boxes and organized, my doula records out of a storage box and organized, two quilting projects worked on, and the old laundry room cleaned out.  Think I'm biting off more than I can chew?  :::thud:::

I am reading..... my devotionals and the Bible.

I am praying.....for the dear sister of a friend who has been diagnosed with an aggressive and inoperable brain cancer.
 
I am remembering.....how hard it is to have patience with my children sometimes, especially when it comes to maturity issues.

I am hoping.....to get back to some walking and exercising this month.

On my mind.....is all I want to get done this week and wishing there weren't any other activities on my calendar.

From the learning rooms....the boys will be quietly working on school in their rooms only needing me occasionally until the end of the week corrections.

Noticing that....February went by in the blink of an eye and wondering if March will do the same since it's a busy month.

Pondering these words....."If you cannot worship the Lord in the midst of your responsibilities on Monday, it is not very likely that you were worshiping on Sunday."  ~ A.W. Tozer

From the kitchen.....I'm baking a special cake this morning and hoping to have low-key meals all week.

Around the house....it is actually quite picked up and neat.  I guess we know who the mess makers are around here!

One of my favorite things.....is listening to all my daughters giggling together!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are a woman's gathering at church tonight, attending a jewelry party Tuesday night at a friend's house, an early morning women's Bible study at church plus hosting Bible study midweek, a chiropractor appointment, a meeting with our insurance agent, a meeting with our accountant, and family coming home at the end of the week to attend a wedding on Saturday. 


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
This is the basket of take home bags for the women attending the women's gathering at church tonight.  I was delighted to find Irish breakfast tea to stick into each bag!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this first day of March!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

A Gracious Home said...

You have a lot of things to do this week. I feel lazy. I like Tozer's comment. I love to hear children giggling. The sound of pure joy. The basket is beautiful. Have a great week. Doylene

Tammy Lee Carpentier Bradley said...

Thank you for sharing your Daybook with us. I like your format/list better than the original one. I just may add the missing ones to my list next week. Enjoy your week.

mom said...

Oh oh....perhaps I need to check the original version. I think I've added a few things that I've seen on others' daybooks over the weeks. But I guess that's what makes it fun to read everyone's daybooks as we put our own little tweak on life :-)

Thanks for stopping!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin