Thursday, March 11

stumped on breakfast

It's always a treat to have my older ones come home and then make their favorite recipes.  

So as I was looking forward to my daughter and her family being here last weekend as well as an older son and his fiance, I realized I did not have a breakfast recipe I could make for them.  For you see, my daughter has been asking me for my recipes over the last few years and I realized that every single one of my special breakfast recipes are now also used in her kitchen.  That rascal!  I wasn't even aware of her total accumulation of all the family favorites!


So now I am on the hunt for new fun breakfast recipes that I can make when our family gets together. Last night I spent some time cruising through my old Taste of Home magazines so I do have a few new things to try.  But trust me...if the recipes turn out well they will not be posted here because you know who will write them down, use them in her kitchen and I'll be back to the same dilemma.  LOL!


Do you have favorite breakfast recipes that your family loves?  Wanna share?  *wink*


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Haha, I think that must be how MY mom feels! She's constantly experimenting with new stuff when we come visit and I'd really just like to eat the old favourites!!

mom said...

Ahhh, but do you make the favorites at your house, too?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

LaughingLady said...

I do, but I've got the same affliction my mom suffers from ~ an addiction to recipe-collecting! And as a result, I'm constantly trying new ones, too.

My husband and girls eat anything and everthing and usually the new dishes go over well, but they often complain that with all this tasty new stuff, we don't get the old favourites nearly often enough!!

mom said...

My family definitely has the new recipe affliction! My husband and I usually like something new and talk about how we can tweak the recipe to like it even more while the kids whimper in the background about wanting mom to stick to her regular recipes.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

Well the problem here is I don't ever use a recipe. I make it from my head and from my heart. The baby wakes up each morning over the past week and cries..."CAKE!" Guess I have been providing coffee cake that she likes first thing. Sunday morning I didn't have any, the poor thing wept. I searched throught the bread box and through the fridge until I located something *cakelike* She accepted it and the tears dried up...silly baby.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 6 adopted

mom said...

Oh, Kimmie, how I wish I was a head and heart kind of cook...although I guess I do that for some things that I make, but hadn't really thought of it in those terms.

And although I thought it quite possible, you have now confirmed to me that you are a total tenderhearted softie! Cake for breakfast! Oh my! LOL! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin