Wednesday, March 10

the white flag

"The wonderful thing about Jesus -- He sees us not as we are but as what we can become.  Even more, He is able to change us from what we are into what He sees us capable of becoming.......We are being made for tomorrow, for the future, for eternity.  To look within ourselves now and be discouraged is to miss it all." ~W. Glyn Evans

Sometimes God puts a word of encouragement in our garden paths right when we need it and I needed to read the words of this devotional this morning.  Why?  Because if I looked within myself now, I would definitely be discouraged!  There is a floundering going on as I work through a challenge in my life feeling like a stubborn toddler not wanting to take the steps that I know in my heart are right and would be consistent with Christlike behavior.    Surely following God's Word completely and fully with real application is the best way to go.  Why is this so hard to do at times?


Yet He knows.  He knows what He's working on changing within me and no matter how difficult it may be or how many tears come with it, the process is forming me into what He sees for my tomorrow.  For my eternity.  And for that I can be VERY thankful! 

No longer do I want to be discouraged and missing what He's doing.  Time to raise the white flag of surrender in my heart and give it all over to God allowing Him to work in His amazing ways knowing His grace will cover us all.  


Amen?  Amen!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Tina said...

Just what I needed to hear today. . can I borrow your flag LOL

mom said...

Yes! I should probably loan it to you so I'm not tempted to put it back in my closet.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin