Monday, April 12

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 12


For today April 12

Outside my window.....the skies are mostly cloudy with a chance of rain once again.  I do hope we get some rain soon!

I am thinking....about a son's upcoming travel plans.

I am thankful.....for an older daughter who tightened up all my clothes lines for me.

I am wearing.....a pair of blue jeans with a favorite white and blue striped with flowers long sleeved top.

I am hearing.....the girls chattering in the kitchen.

I am creating.....a new lap quilt for someone who could use some catnapping these days.
 
I am going.....to try to connect with a friend this week if she can fit it into her work schedule. 

I am slowly reading.....Eternity by Joseph M. Stowell as it goes well with our Bible study in First and Second Peter AND I'm also reading Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper.  
 
I am praying.....for two different neighbors who have been experiencing some health problems.
 
I am remembering.....that the fancy juice glasses we used this weekend were used at my grandma's house when I was a little girl.

I am hoping.....that the queasy feeling stomach of one of my children doesn't turn into a full blown "bug".
 
On my mind.....are more things than I would ever have time to blog about in my lifetime!
 
From the learning rooms....will be a bit of trying to work ahead since we know our schooling will be totally thrown off in a couple of weeks.
 
Noticing that....the driveway is throwing up a LOT of dust every time someone drives in or out.

Pondering these words....."The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - Hans Hoffman

From the kitchen.....we better start eating egg salad sandwiches to use up the last of our Easter eggs!

Around the house....there are a few things to do this morning to get everything back in order after having family home this weekend. 

One of my favorite things.....is listening to my kids talk about the "remember when" moments of our family's life.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are schooling, hosting Bible study midweek, a library visit, cutting blocks and sewing a lap quilt together, and doing some business bookwork.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
These are the tulips of a lovely bouquet that was at my future daughter-in-law's bridal shower this weekend.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy your spring days!

Blessings,
Tammy  ~@~

6 comments:

Kimmie said...

How sweet to walk through your day with you...love your flowers-great photo.

xoxo

ChiGirl said...

Love the quote about simplifying--SO true! Now, to apply it, eh? Sigh.

Nezzy said...

Beautiful words and beautiful flowers. It has been a wonderful day here in the Ozarks. I've spent the day spreading a small portion of the big old dump truck load of mulch I had delivered to dress up my flower gardens. What a workout!!!

God bless ya and have a marvelous Monday!!!

mom said...

Ohhh, I do adore tulips and wish the deer wouldn't eat them as a delicacy causing me not to plant them anymore.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

A Gracious Home said...

The tulips are beautiful. I hope your son and future daughter in law will be very happy together. Bugs seem to always be going around. It's nice the dr can give cream you just rub on a child's arm instead of a suppository now. I love to use things that were my grands. They bring back such wonderful memories. Doylene

Irene said...

Sounds like a good week, and lovely flowers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin