Tuesday, April 20

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 20


For today April 20

Outside my window.....the skies are blue with nary a cloud which is what the forecast is for the rest of the week.

I am thinking....that even if there were more hours in the day I'd be too tired to use them all!

I am thankful.....for a husband who has work as God continues to provide.

I am wearing.....a pair of blue jeans with a pink sweatshirt over my yellow t-shirt.

I am hearing.....the birds chattering outside my window.

I am still creating.....a new lap quilt as most of the blocks are cut and I just have to stop rearranging them and start sewing!
 
I am going.....to bring the clothes in from the clothesline this morning since I was too tired last night.  It's nice to be able to do this when you know the weather is cooperating!

I am still reading.....Eternity by Joseph M. Stowell.
 
I am praying.....for my friend Kimmie who is flying with her husband this week to pick up her new daughter from Ethiopia.
 
I am remembering.....all the things on my winter project list that will not be happening until next winter.  Yikes!

I am hoping.....that we can get some major mess spots in our household cleaned up better before family comes home over the next couple of weeks.
 
On my mind.....are some difficult options.
 
From the learning rooms....are some "Yahoooo!"s as we begin to finish up some books.
 
Noticing that....I can't seem to get my metabolism to move these days no matter what I try.

Pondering these words....."Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Philo

From the kitchen.....I'm trying to remember to use up things in our freezer for meals.


Around the house....we have too many clothes in transition and I guess I'm going to need to do the seasonal clothes changeover for the girls.  Ohhhh, how I dread that task!

One of my favorite things.....is sitting on the dock at our cabin.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are schooling, hosting Bible study midweek, a library visit, sewing a lap quilt together, and celebrating my blog anniversary!


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Over the winter we had some finish work done on our cabin which included a bit of bartering for the stonework to be done for the woodburner area.  I traveled there over the weekend to see the results. It was nice to see that the iron cross I had bought a few years ago has finally found a home.


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this spring day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~  

2 comments:

Southern Heart said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. What a lovely photo. Thanks for sharing.

Nezzy said...

I always enjoy readin' your daybook. It's so good to finally see Spring movin' in with all it's bloomin' beauty.

I'm such a happy camper. Yesterday I had dirt under my nails and a beautiful ring around the bathtub! I'm practicing my dirt therapy full throttle down!

I love your iron cross and it goes so well with the stone.

God bless ya and have a terrific Tuesday!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin