Monday, April 5

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 5


For today April 5

Outside my window.....there's patches of blue sky between the clouds.  Looks like another mild spring week ahead.  YAY!  It truly is my favorite season :-)

I am thinking....about all I need to accomplish early this week and how important it is that I stay on task.  Focus.  Focus.  Focus.

I am thankful.....for road limits going off already this week which means my husband can head back to work.  

I am wearing.....my black exercise pants and dark berry colored Maui t-shirt.

I am hearing.....my husband's dump truck in the yard as he loads up.


I am creating.....a list of old musicals to borrow from the library in the weeks ahead.
 
I am going.....to work on pruning some bushes this week since it appears that maybe spring really is here.

I am slowly reading.....Eternity by Joseph M. Stowell as it goes well with our Bible study in First and Second Peter AND I've also started Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper.  I should perhaps finish one before the other, eh?

I am praying.....for our team from church as they minister in Haiti this week.
 
I am remembering.....that today marks my half birthday.

I am hoping.....to hang clothes out on the line to dry today. 

On my mind.....are many ponder worthy things from a book I couldn't put down and read over the weekend. 
 

From the learning rooms....will be some schooling in-between brief escapes to bounce on the trampoline and ride bikes up and down the driveway.
 
Noticing that....the yard is very slowly showing signs of green grass.  I can't imagine how green it would be *IF* we'd ever get some good rainfall because we've certainly had plenty of warm temperatures and sunshine.

Pondering these words....."Living in a way that reflects our eternal destiny transforms our ambitions and actions into dynamics that this world often cannot comprehend." - Joseph M. Stowell

From the kitchen.....we'll have warm ham sandwiches for supper as part of the leftovers from our Easter dinner.

Around the house....there is Easter grass scattered here and there.

One of my favorite things.....is walking in the warm spring air.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are schooling, hosting Bible study midweek, a library visit, getting back to my garden order, traveling for a bridal shower on Saturday and returning for a bridal shower on Sunday, and perhaps a 5K at the end of the week.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A peek at some Easter eggs from yesterday. 

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy your spring days!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

5 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I have found the secret to reading lots of books is exactly to read a few at a time! For myself, anyway.

In the past, I never understood how others could do it, thinking I'd only get distracted and mix them all up. But I decided to try it and found it actually helps me stay interested and focused on each book because I never get bored. Some books, lets face it, are a bit of a chore to finish, even if it IS something we really want to read. So instead of forcing myself to go straight from cover to cover, I can take little "mind breaks" and read something else alternately. I generally try to make sure I'm not reading more than one deeply theological book at a time, but rather one like that, one good novel (I really like spy/international intrigue stuff), and one Christian lifestyle-type book that inspires me. I've found that to be a good mix!

So I say, don't force yourself to finish one book before you start another!

mom said...

Interesting point of view! I did read a different book over the weekend with my two main books and because the topics were so different I could keep them straight. But I may have a harder time with the two books I am reading because there are some similarities in subject. Of course, these two books sit on top a STACK of books I've begun and never finished....I miss my days of nursing babies and reading!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

stephseef said...

T,

Must be time for another one then.

:)

Weezie

mom said...

Bwahaha, Steph! I think at this point I'm quite content rocking grands to sleep and find I can't read then because I love to look at their little faces :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Wendy said...

Imagine a world where everyone pondered those words.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin