Tuesday, May 18

ahem....

This is just a notice to let you know we are going to interrupt our regularly scheduled life to plant the garden.  I haven't planted this early in many years, but the combination of a very early spring and extended forecast of BEAUTIFUL warm sunny weather makes the task irresistible.  Of course, digging in some new raspberry bushes at the of the garden last week was perhaps all the encouragement I needed anyways as there's just something about getting my hands in the dirt....ahhhhhh!  And yes, other gardeners will understand that feeling :-)

The garden dirt has been tilled a couple of times and all my seeds are in hand, so a quick stop at a favorite greenhouse or two this morning should provide the plants that I need to complete the task as we work on it over the next couple of days.

It would be nice to have the garden all planted this week which would free me up for wedding things next week.  Oh, and we'll need to squeeze in some end of the year school things as well.  This also means that our summer non-schedule is about to start in the next couple of weeks, so it's time to start thinking about projects that I'd like to get done over the next few months, too.  Fortunately puttering around in the garden gives me LOTS of thinking time! 

May you, too enjoy the tasks of spring!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

happy digging. I found time to go week on Sunday...oh, glorious dirt.

Simenesh held her first toad. A little screaming happened first, but after I explained he was Mama's friend and *no bite* that she was willing to following her siblings and holding the small toad in her hands.

;-)

Oh for teachable moments.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

mom said...

I'm glad you got some dirt time, Kimmie, and that Simenesh was properly introduced to garden life! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin