Monday, May 10

Simple Woman's Daybook for May 10

 For today May 10

Outside my window.....the skies are blue with nice weather predicted for the day.  Tomorrow sounds like a different story though with a cool rain/snow/wind mix.

I am thinking....about how my youngest son turns sixteen years old today and wondering how all those sons of mine grew up so quickly!

I am thankful.....for the good health our family has had throughout the winter and spring.

I am wearing.....my flannel flowered bathrobe as I'm typing this before my morning shower.

I am hearing.....a sleeping household at the moment.  Ahhhhhh!

I am creating.....a list of tasks I need to get done for our upcoming family wedding.
 
I am going.....to send off a lap quilt today.

I'd love to read.....but life keeps getting in my way lately!
 
I am praying.....for a son as he adjusts back to life on base after being home on leave.
 
I am remembering.....when my boys randomly broke out in song recently as their deeper voices belted out a verse of "A Mighty Fortress".

I am hoping.....to get at the girls seasonal clothing changeover which didn't happen last week. 
 
On my mind.....is how to weave through difficult relationships.
 
From the learning rooms....we are looking forward to finishing up a few things this week.
 
Noticing that....our crabapple tree has had very few blossoms this spring.

Pondering these words....."Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize." - Elizabeth Harrison

From the kitchen.....will be some more strawberry rhubarb pies this week.
 

Around the house....are many dog fur dust bunnies as the dogs are shedding their winter coats.  Argh!

One of my favorite things.....is listening to my littlest granddaughter call me grandma in her sing song voice.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are a church meeting, hosting Bible study midweek, some spring cleaning, and a wedding on Saturday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
My grandcat peeking out the cabin window after losing interest in sniffing the branch that was caught while fishing.


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy your May day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Tammy,
Thanks for leaving your note on my blog sharing about your mom's cancer. This is a rough season for me, so it helps knowing that others have walked this path and survived it. I know that down the road lies what happened with you when your mom stopped calling you by name. I dread that day, but I'm depending on the Lord to provide strength when the time comes.

And he has given me strength today through meeting you!

May you enjoy a glorious wedding on Saturday! I love the picture of your grandcat. My granddogs visited this weekend and we had a lovely time together. :-)

Blessings,
Lisa

mom said...

{{{Lisa}}} Thank you for stopping by here, too. God will provide the strength when you need it for each step. I will forewarn you though that there are often tears that will accompany these steps as our hearts begin to grieve long before they leave....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin