Monday, May 17

Simple Woman's Daybook for May 17

For today May 17

Outside my window.....the skies are blue with a forecast of incredibly warm spring weather for this week.

I am thinking....that perhaps I should plant my garden this week.

I am thankful.....for the surprising ways God shows me that He loves me.

I am wearing.....my denim skirt with a hooded sweatshirt until it warms up a bit.

I am hearing.....my girls chattering as they get their school day started.

I am creating.....placecards for our upcoming rehearsal dinner.
 
I am going.....to run a couple quick errands this morning to get my week started in the right direction.

I'd love to read.....but I keep falling asleep each night shortly after I open the book!
 
I am praying.....for safety for a son.
 
I am remembering.....the little girl with the smile and giggles who grew up to be a young woman who got married this past weekend.

I am hoping.....that these night "flashes" disappear again.
 
On my mind.....is the challenge of being a mom who has one of her children in the military and learning how best to deal with the emotions that come with that role.
 
From the learning rooms....it is exciting to continue wrapping up subjects for this school year.
 
Noticing that....our grass is finally about ready for its first mowing of the year.

Pondering these words....."To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with man." - A.W. Tozer

From the kitchen.....will be light meals until I get to the grocery store.
 

Around the house....are bags of girls clothing that need to be packed away or given away.

One of my favorite things.....is watching spring burst with bright green around my yard and woods.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are meeting with a possible doula client this afternoon, a library visit, midweek women's and home Bible studies, gardening, and daily walks.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Feeling a bit patriotic these days....

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this gorgeous spring day!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~ 

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

We put in our garden this past Saturday and my lawn will get its second mowing today, I think. I'm trying to convince myself that I can handle jogging this morning AND mowing for an hour and a half later in the evening, but I'm having a hard time doing it!!

mom said...

You go, girl! I think that the combination of this wonderful spring weather and longer hours of daylight tends to be energizing :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin