Monday, May 24

Simple Woman's Daybook for May 24

 For today May 24

Outside my window.....there was a bit of fog waking up, but the skies have since cleared to blue with anticipation of a day near 90 degrees  :::thud:::

I am thinking....that I won't survive warm summer nights accompanied by night flashes. 

I am thankful.....for a friend who recommended the perfect song for the mother/son dance at the upcoming wedding reception. 

I am wearing.....my black exercise pants and an old white Curves t-shirt.

I am hearing.....the birds singing in the woods. 

I am creating.....a list of things that need to be done each day of this week so I hopefully won't forget anything of importance. 
 
I am going.....to work on flower planting this morning before it gets too warm.

I am reading.....up on tips to help get through the early stages of menopause.
 
I am praying.....for continued work projects for my husband.
 
I am remembering.....watching The Cosby Show when I was young and can giggle even more watching it now as a parent sitting on the couch with my own kids as we go through our set of DVDs.

I am hoping.....for beautiful weather on the weekend.
 
On my mind.....is the typical excitement of EVERYTHING I want to get done this summer and how to keep that excitement motivating me to actually get it done!
 
From the learning rooms....it pretty much feels like school's out for summer, but we still have a huge pile of corrections to do....maybe some rainy day we'll get at it.

 
Noticing that....the lilacs are perfect and I need to pick them NOW!

Pondering these words....."I want to focus on what pleases God, not on what pleases myself.  This is the cry of my heart - that I would have no delight or desire on earth besides the Lord." - Cynthia Heald

From the kitchen.....celery and carrot sticks need to be my best friends for nervous nibbling.  I am not allowed to open the freezer and glance at the ice cream!

 
Around the house....are flip flops in every room.  Too bad we don't live close to an Old Navy store because I heard they were on sale for $1 a pair on Saturday.  Imagine how many MORE flips flops would be lying around my house....

One of my favorite things.....is SPRING!  I LOVE IT!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....primarily include getting ready to travel for our son's wedding this coming weekend.  I'll squeeze in a women's Bible study midweek, flower planting, and hopefully daily walks. 


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....

My bleeding heart bush is in full bloom!  I love those pink hearts!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this amazing May day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~
 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin