Tuesday, May 4

Simple Woman's Daybook for May 4

 For today May 4

Outside my window.....the skies are blue with temperatures expected to rise close to 70 degrees today.  It'll be the last nice day before a cooler trend ahead.

I am thinking....about how I really don't enjoy typing on this keyboard.  It's too clunky.

I am thankful.....for God's Word and how powerfully it speaks at times when we want to listen.

I am wearing.....a pair of black exercise pants, a white t-shirt with flowers, and a fleece thrown over it right now since the house is cool.

I am hearing.....the birds singing spring songs outside my window.

I am creating.....an extension on my rock flowerbed to add a new rose bush.
 
I am going.....to finally get my giveaway package off to Elaine today!

I am attempting to read.....a variety of things right now, but opportunities to read seem rare at the moment.
 
I am praying.....for employment for a friend's husband.
 
I am remembering.....the years of my little boys building forts in the woods.

I am hoping.....that I can squeeze in some seasonal clothing changeover tasks with the girls this week.
 
On my mind.....is my laptop and what to do about it not turning on or working.at.all.
 
From the learning rooms....we will attempt to get some schooling done perhaps today, but it will be another light week.  Fortunately we are already finishing books so it will be easy to get back on track next week.
 
Noticing that....my grape hyacinths are up and the rhubarb is about ready to pick.

Pondering these words....."The real secret of perfect rest is to be jealously, habitually occupied with Jesus." - A. B. Simpson

From the kitchen.....have been favorite meals for my son.  Tonight I think I will make pepper steak.

Around the house....are multiple messes since we returned home yesterday from our cabin in the woods.

One of my favorite things.....is getting a hug from my hugging son.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....are hosting Bible study midweek, hemming a quilt, the arrival of my oldest daughter and granddaughter and their pooch, a visit to the chiropractor, saying goodbye to a son as he heads to the airport later in the week, some outdoor work, and a wedding. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Here are the cedar chairs stacked on our cabin deck as they wait for summer to begin.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Enjoy this wonderful day of May!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Ah, waiting for summer.... something I can certainly identify with!! (are you getting this nasty snowy stuff we've been getting since Friday?)

keri said...

rhubarb!!!!!!!!!!! strawberries!!!!!!! PIE!!!!!!! :):):)

mom said...

No, we haven't gotten that icky yucky weather yet, but I hear it's definitely not going to be nice as the week goes on.

Pie you say? LOL! Okay, I'll see what I can do once you get here...

mom said...

HA! It's funny because the widget picture that came up on the bottom of this post is of a leftover piece of pecan pie from Thanksgiving :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin