Monday, June 14

an ice cream treat

At the beginning of the month, I was assigned an easy job for our church's women's gathering - being part of the treat team.  My task was some cookie baking and making up a special dessert from an online recipe.  Since the recipe was easy to make and perfect for the summer months, I thought I'd share it here.  I'm not sure what it's official name is, but it comes from Taste of Home and I'm calling it.....

Lemonade Dessert

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed

In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar;  cut in butter until crumbly.  Stir in pecans.  Spread in a single layer into a greased 15-in by 10-in by 1-in baking pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 9 - 12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once during the baking time.  Cool for about ten minutes.

In a large bowl, beat ice cream and lemonade until blended.  Sprinkle half of the crumbles into a greased 13-in by 9-in dish.  Spread with ice cream mixture; sprinkle with remaining crumbles.  Cover and freeze overnight.  Remove from the freezer about ten minutes before serving.  Depending upon how big you cut the pieces, it'll serve about 12 - 16.  Yummy!

The next time I make this, I think I'd like to try it with a can of frozen limeade as that would taste good on a hot day, too!

Enjoy!

Blessings,
Tammy  ~@~

2 comments:

ChiGirl said...

How 'bout a can of raspberry lemonade?? :-p ~ ~ ~

mom said...

Ha! That'll work, too!

Love you,
Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin