Monday, July 26

the best thing to grow

Thirteen summers ago I ran across a group of homeschooling women who are still dear friends of mine today. Although not everyone understands the dynamics of cyberfriendships, the bond this group of women has makes me think of a line from the Friends song by Michael W. Smith....

"And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them......"

Read more about the blessing of these friendships over at Heart of the Matter Online as I share in an article entitled "Growing Friendships"

I'd be blessed to hear how cyberfriendships have blessed YOU as they've grown and blossomed in your garden!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

Kimmie said...

Well, I have a beautiful thoughtful friend who I have never met face to face, but has encouraged me so many times. She has held my hand; as I have waited on God. She has believed with me for big things and reminded me to stay focused on Him as I wait.

She sacrificed for my family financially, as we went to Ethiopia in 2009 to adopt a baby and then the very next year sent me the most beautiful quilt to help us raise funds for our newest Ethiopian adoption (who was 13 years old)

. I was looking at the quilt, as I couldn't part with such a beautiful gift, tonight-as my daughter lay on it to go to sleep (she likes sleeping on the floor when it is hot). I was thinking how blessed I am to have her for a friend. A real friend, not the fake kind.

My wonderful friend's name is Tammy, maybe you know her?

I love and cherish her very much...she is a very special friend to me and always will be.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Ruth said...

My friends have multiplied since I started blogging. Some of them have become real close. I host tea time virtually. And that's a highlight of my week.

I'll jump over to the link to read your post.

Your zinnia is gorgeous.

Blessings!

mom said...

Ohhh, Kimmie! My eyes are all teary! You have blessed me with your words tonight and please know you have become a much cherished friend in my life who regularly sharpens me as you live out what God whispers to your heart.

Ruth, what a fun idea and I can see why it would be a highlight :-) And that zinnia IS gorgeous! I have a few like this in different colors and I love them!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin