Saturday, July 17

hurray for hydrangeas!

Sleepily woke up to a beautiful summer morning!  Grabbed my vase of hydrangeas to take a few pictures.
After not producing a single flower last year as the severity of our drought continued, the rains of this summer have allowed them to flourish a bit again with bunches of flowers.  I don't think I've ever noticed a scent to them before, but these seem to have a lovely aroma around them.  Perhaps the bees are happier this summer and working harder on the flowers?
As you peer under the left side of the flowers, you will notice a corner of our sandbox.  My son and his family as well as friends pulled into our driveway around 2:30 AM after a long drive after work.  As soon as my granddaughter had said her hellos, she was off to one of her favorite places in the world - grandma's sandbox.  She enjoyed playing in there in the semi darkness with only a bit of the yard light shining her direction while we packed up an old pick up truck full of their gear, the groceries I had picked up, and the coolers which I quickly loaded up with food and ice.  An hour later after the packing and chatting was done, they left for more driving northward as they headed up to the family cabin for a long weekend.  
My granddaughter stayed behind to spend the time here with her favorite aunties as there will only be one other child arriving at the cabin tomorrow with his family who is the same age as her little brother.  Once she wakes up, I'm certain she'll be busy from start to finish as she wanders around to all of her favorite spots at grandma's house on this day of perfect summer weather.  I can't wait to show her a special place in the garden!

May your summer day include visiting favorite summer places, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~ 

5 comments:

LaughingLady said...

The pictures are beautiful!! Have fun with your precious granddaughter this weekend!

Angela said...

Just beautiful! Love them, so glad you don't have such a drought this year.

Angela

mom said...

Finally getting some rain this summer after so many dry years has made such a difference with all the shrubs allowing them to flourish. I love it and they are beautiful :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Kimmie said...

So pretty. I love hydrangea's. I have one that I bought bare root over 10 years ago...I dug it up from our last house (though it had never bloomed.) This year it finally bloomed...and boy did it ever it is a mass of purple blooms.

Have a wonderful time with your grandbaby...bet she will love your secret garden spot.

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

mom said...

Ohhhh, how pretty! I'd love to play with our soil a bit to get some color in my hydrangeas, but I never remember. Mine have always been white, so our soil must be very neutral.

I did take my granddaughter in the garden late this afternoon and she already knew about the secret! I'll have to take my camera out there tomorrow so I can share the secret :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin