Thursday, July 22

missing the campfire

Although I think there's a lot of things we can have a basic understanding of without personally experiencing it, "being there" can add a whole new depth to our understanding.

I get it now.

Today my oldest daughter and family are traveling to spend a long weekend with my oldest son and family.  Isn't that wonderful?!  Well, except for the fact that the rest of us won't be there.


We'll miss the "campfire", in a sense.


You know, I can handle my children growing up and living their daily lives wherever they may be living.  All of that is fine and dandy and I'm happy for each and every one of them because each and every one of them is happy, too.  But this getting together stuff?  Hmmm, it tugs at my heart that I'm missing some family hanging out time.  


And now I understand much better how they feel when someone comes home for a visit and the rest of them aren't here to hang out, too.  Those times when they miss the "campfire", in a sense.


Because really, the "campfire" is one of the best parts of a large family.  Those times of everyone hanging out around the kitchen table talking at the same exact moment.  Or everyone sitting around in the living room opening gifts at the exact same moment over the holidays.  Or everyone squeezed in around the real campfire up at the family cabin as they all have their mouths full of s'mores at the exact same moment.  


Be sure to savor the "campfire" moments in your garden as they are the sweetest part of family life!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

P.S.  We won't be totally "campfire" free this weekend as the newlyweds were planning a visit home.  I need to double check with them for details!  Can you say "wedding pictures"?!  :-)

4 comments:

ChiGirl said...

You could hop in the zoom zoom and be here in plenty of time for the party!! :) And be honest, it's not US you're missing--it's all the grands in one spot!! LOL! Love you lots!!!

mom said...

Nice try! :-) Can't wait to hear all the stories that come from this mugger hot weekend visit!

Love you lots, too!
Mom

ChiGirl said...

I can't wait till you hear all our stories!! We're having good times! :-D

mom said...

Hmmmm, I wonder if I really want to hear ALL the stories.....LOLOLOL!

Love you guys!
Mom :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin