Monday, July 19

Simple Woman's Daybook for July 19


For today July 19

Outside my window.....the skies are blue and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful summer day.

I am thinking....about our dog and hoping we can get her through her nasty "hot spots" without having to take her into the veterinarian'$$$$ office.

I am thankful.....for the blessing of rain God has sent our way this summer.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt and a peach colored peasant top.

I am hearing.....my boys packing their lunches for the workday ahead.

I am creating.....a blue toned quilt for my college bound son.
 
I am going.....to finish cleaning my desk.  Yup, I really am!

I am reading....In His Steps by Charles M. Sheldon
 
I am praying.....for more work project calls to come in for my husband as work has  slowed down.
 
I am remembering.....how fast the last half of summer always passes and trying hard not to panic about all the things I want to do yet this summer but probably won't have time to do.

I am hoping.....that the weather will be nice for the Backyard Bible Clubs our church is hosting this week.
 
On my mind.....is the giant leap of faith and obedience I'm about to take.  
 
From the learning rooms....there is basically no schooling going on and it's probably time I sit down and order what I need to start school this fall.


Noticing that....my garlic plants are starting to brown just a bit.  I can hardly wait to dig them out when they are ready and see what's underneath those plants that have been glorious since early spring.

Pondering these words....."Let this be a day of self-forgetting ministry for Christ and others." ~ A.B. Simpson

From the kitchen.....I need to come up with ideas for a light luncheon tomorrow for my son's family and their friends, but it needs to be gluten free....hmm.....
 
Around the house....are many little messes as my granddaughter flits from one thing to another.

One of my favorite things.....is picking summer flowers from my garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include driving our 15 passenger van this week to transport helpers for the morning session of the Backyard Bible Club;   a luncheon and good-byes tomorrowheading to the pregnancy resource center later in the week for volunteer work; and catching up on garden weeding!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 
Yes, this really is the border of the tablecloth currently on our kitchen table!  Either we're being real messy lately and going through a lot of our everyday tablecloths or I'm way behind on laundry needing to wash tablecloths or a combination of both as this was the only everyday one left in the cabinet.  But it's okay.  Reminds me not to complain when it's hot and sticky outdoors since freezing cold days are ahead.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the month of July or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

stephseef said...

1 - In His Steps is seriously one of my absolute favorite books. Of my life. Rachel Winslow is my hero.

2 - you just reminded me that my kids were invited to backyard bible club this summer. in all the chaos of the last 2 weeks, i don't remember when or where it's happening. bummer. i really wanted to support that ministry.

3 - we are looking for an 8 or 15 passenger van for ourselves. how do you like yours? apart from feeling like the guy at the airport shuttle?

:)

love,
steph

mom said...

Steph, I'm seriously loving this book as well and continue to be impacted by each book I've read this year. That is one huge future blog post in itself! And I can totally see why Rachel would be your hero!

Maybe call local churches to see if someone is currently hosting a backyard Bible club? Might be good change of pace for your kids right now?

I definitely feel like the airport shuttle guy this week since I am doing transport people and stuff all week. We had an 8 passenger before this so it was a gradual step for me and not so difficult. People do laugh at the little mom driving the 15 passenger van though. I really don't mind it at all, but parking can be tricky at times...yikes!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin