Saturday, August 21

fitting the pieces

"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." ~ Confucius
As I've spent this week piecing together a quilt, it gave me time to refresh what my vision is for my children as they leave home.  It's simple.  May they wholeheartedly love and serve the Lord AND may they find an occupation that they love (and no, I'm not a fan of Confucius, but he surely said it well!).
Piece by piece the foundation gets laid in their life.
A variety of experiences are pieced together one by one.
Once the pieces are all put together, the final stitches are made and off they go.  
As we take a son off to college this weekend, my heart ponders all my parenting regrets along the way as I fumbled through trying to figure out what works best with this one.  And yet, I also see the focus and strengths that he has developed as God's grace covers that which we don't do well as parents.  Ultimately, HE is their best parent for He sees the whole picture and He'll use what He needs for His purposes that have been built within the foundation over the years.  Knowing that, I'll let go and look forward to watching his future as he loves and serves the Lord while learning about an occupation which he'll enjoy!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

6 comments:

ChiGirl said...

Mom, it turned out awesome!! I love it! Sometimes the simpler quilts are the nicest :) Have a good trip!

keri said...

It's perfect!!!! Love it. :)

Kimmie said...

What a beautiful quilt stitched with so much love. I am sure he will find comfort in it, as he presses forward...take courage my friend.

Kimmie

mom said...

Thanks, all!

And what a good word to leave me with, Kimmie. Parenting does take a lot of courage at times...especially when you drive away leaving them behind in a great big new world!

Donna Boucher said...

Yay! Good job! I love it!

mom said...

Aww, thanks, Donna!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin