Monday, August 16

Simple Woman's Daybook for August 16

For today August 16

Outside my window.....the skies are blue, it is very breezy, and the temperature is in the cool mid-50's this morning.

I am thinking....about how we are already halfway through the month of August and all the things I'd like to get done before we start our schooling at the end of the month. 

I am thankful.....for the blessing of praying friends.

I am wearing.....a denim skirt with a hooded sweatshirt and fuzzy socks on my feet.

I am hearing.....the leaves of the trees rustling in the strong wind.

I am creating.....a quilt for my college bound son which needs to be done by Saturday.
 
I am going.....to finally get out in the garden today since the heat has definitely left town.

I am reading....In Every Pew Sits a Broken Heart by Ruth Graham
 
I am praying.....for a friend and her family as they have had a devastating unexpected loss.
 
I am remembering.....how trying it can be when boys are making the break from home to college.

I am hoping.....that there will be a good crop of tomatoes for canning this summer.
 
On my mind.....are options for ministry this fall.
 
From the learning rooms....there are boxes of books in the kitchen from an order that is all wrong.  I have to wait for mailing labels and lists of what needs to be sent back and do some re-ordering.  I'm trying hard not to be frustrated that the company made a major change and didn't highlight it on the main order page.  However, the two youngest already have all their stuff and are doing a bit of schooling.

Noticing that....the green green woods of summer is starting to fade with some yellows already appearing.

Pondering these words....."Partial obedience is disobedience made to look acceptable." ~ Author Unknown

From the kitchen.....the meals have been light and scant with the hot weather.  Perhaps the cooler weather will re-motivate me to cook some real food again!
 
Around the house....it's fairly clean as our household has been quieter the last couple weeks.  It won't last long though as next week we'll be switching bedrooms around.

One of my favorite things.....is looking at family pictures as they pop up on the computer's slideshow.  

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include garden work, a vet appointment for our cat, soccer practice, a volunteer day at the pregnancy resource center, quilting, getting a son packed up for college, meeting with a friend, soccer games for the girls, and taking a son to college on the upcoming weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.... 
Although they've been splattered with dirt by the hard downpours of rain we've had recently, these little pansies keep smiling under my garden bench.
 
Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the month of July or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin