Wednesday, August 18

tall enough for Jack

The warm summer which included much more rain than we've been used to over the last several years has allowed my garden plants to grow incredibly big and lush. 
Like these sunflowers that are truly reaching up to the sky this summer.  Hmmm, don't think they are really that tall?
Well, even my garden sunflower house has greatly exceeded expectations.  Can you see my two daughters peeking out in the middle?  The tallest daughter is about 5'3" tall and I'm guessing that the tallest dark orange sunflower on the left is a good five feet taller than her. 
The flowers along the pathway have grown so full that the pathway is very narrow and you almost have to push your way through the flowers.  Even the zinnias are very tall this summer.


I guess if Jack can't find a beanstalk to climb, he could always climb my sunflower stalks!


Enjoy your summer garden!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Nezzy said...

Oh sweetie, your garden are breathtakingly beautiful! We've had temps 100-105 for three weeks here in the Ozarks and no rain down here on the Ponderosa. Were cooked to say the least.

I've watered but the flowers, cattle and me are heat stressed.

Thanks for given' me a breath of fresh air...and green baby, green!

God bless ya and have a glorious day sweetie!!!

mom said...

Thanks, Nezzy! I should have waited until later in the day to take the pictures since the sunlight was SO bright that morning, but I saw the girls wandering into the sunflower house and had to quickly run and grab my camera. So to me, the green looks washed out from the brightness. But after hearing about what you are enduring, I'm guessing this green would look green. I'm guessing you'll be glad to see the departure of summer and a cooler fall ahead! Take care!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Laura said...

Good Morning Tammy,
Love your flowers...our sunflowers are above the greenhouse now...and super huge! Definitely a better summer for growing than last summer. We feel truly blessed.
Have a wonderful day,
Laura

mom said...

How fun, Laura! I'm glad to hear that you are having a better growing summer, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin