Wednesday, September 29

be ALIVE

"In Christ, we shall be made alive." ~ First Corinthians 15:22

As I was working with my youngest on this memory verse this morning, I was reminded of an acronym my pastor gave with his sermon this past week.

*A - Always
*L - Living
*I - in
*V - View
*E - of Eternity

To paraphrase the verse....in Christ we shall always be living in view of eternity!

Honestly, as moms, are we going through our daily life with eternity in view?  Imagine what our days would look like if we kept that thought in the forefront with each task we did.  Someday all our works will be put to the test....will they withstand the fire and come out as gold, silver, and costly stones?  Or burn away as wood, hay, or straw?   (First Corinthians 3:10-15)

Keeping eternity in view should not come as a burden to a mother whose day is already full, because it does not happen on our own strength, but IN CHRIST.  God is our strength!  In Christ, we are ALIVE!

Be ALIVE in your garden!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I heard of a mom once, whose young son would run to the window each morning and ask excitedly, "Is Jesus coming back TODAY?" And his mom would answer, "I don't know, but what should we do today, in case He does?"

Wouldn't it be awesome to start each day like that??! I wonder how different my life would be...?

mom said...

I LOVE it! Now that is intentional living, isn't it?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin