Monday, October 18

the best habit

The combination of the sermon series that we are going through at church and how I'm watching God move in the lives of people around me continues to make everything I've read lately by Oswald Chambers relevant to me.  Here's a quote from the devotional yesterday:


"You labour at prayer and results happen all the time from His standpoint.  What an astonishment it will be to find, when the veil is lifted, the souls that have been reaped by you, simply because you had been in the habit of taking your orders from Jesus Christ." ~ Oswald Chambers


It's so easy for us to want to sit at the feet of Jesus learning everything we can and not want to move from that position. However, it can cause us to become complacent in our faith. Take what you've been learning over the years, cover it with prayer, and make it a habit to put it into action as you listen to what Jesus Christ is speaking specifically to YOU and watch what happens!  It could be the best habit you ever develop in your life!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

The Prude said...

I was just thinking this morning how much I love learning about Christ, and how timid (lazy?) I am to put it into action.
This is a very sweet nudge in the right direction.

Chris Worthy said...

This is so timely for me. Thank you!

mom said...

I figure if God is nudging me, I can nudge you, too! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin