Friday, October 29

a forgotten find

You never know what you may find when you are doing some closet cleaning!
Late this summer I was surprised to stumble upon a baby quilt I had made over fourteen years ago.   
You see, with each of my pregnancies I'd make sure I had two baby quilts ready - one for a boy and one for a girl.  My last three babies were all girls so this quilt stayed tucked away in the closet with a fuzzy blanket and sheet that matched the colors of the quilt. 
And there it stayed.  And there it was forgotten.  Until now.
Now I'm wondering what I should do with it since I do believe my childbearing years are over (and wouldn't that be a shock if they weren't!  :::THUD:::)  Perhaps I could add a border fabric which would allow me to put the cross stitch name and date block on the backside for a future grandson or maybe I could donate it to the new pregnancy resource center starting in our area to welcome a new baby?  Hmmm, I think that if this quilt has waited fourteen years to be used it will be able to wait a little longer while I figure out what to do with it!
Thank you to all who have stopped by here to take a glimpse at my quilt.  If you are a quilter and are interested in entering a quilt with its story OR if you'd love to browse through hundreds of beautiful quilts, please stop over to visit Amy at the Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival


Enjoy the last days of autumn!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

20 comments:

Kathy said...

What a lovely quilt for some lucky baby. I think it's good that you will think a while longer on what to do with it. I like the way you have tied it with the soft white knots and it is also quilted diagonally. I think it would be lovely for a baby boy or even a girl. My niece's favorite color is that soft turquoise.

randi---i have to say said...

what a great thing to find! i love those pretty aqua's!

Heidi Ferguson said...

I picked your quilt out of the many from the online quilt fest...for some reason the color and softness of the quilt just kept jumping out at me. It's just so serene. And love the simplicity, just squares. Beautiful job!

www.honeybearlane.com

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to find in the closet! Beats moth holes anytime!
(anita)

LaughingLady said...

Both are such great ideas. Whoever finally receives that quilt will be wrapped in blessings, in any case!

colourdujour said...

the colours and design look as fresh and up to date as any seen around at the moment.

And I agree, it could go for either baby boy or girl.

You could also just hand (or machine)embroider a name and date without adding a border.

Chris said...

I had all girls too and no grandsons yet :) What a sweet quilt for a little boy, maybe the daughter you made this quilt for will have a son.

Carol said...

One of my favorite color combinations. Very pretty and I am sure it will get well used by whoever receives it :)

Allie said...

Ah this is delightful - love the blue, so soft and pretty!!!

FioNa said...

lovely! i regret that i didnt buy the quilt i saw in calagary :( now i missed them :p cant get those quilt in malaysia. *sigh*

http://mizrozcloset.blogspot.com

FioNa said...

oops *Calgary* hehe :)

Angie said...

What a great find!

AnnieO said...

Amazing that it's stayed hidden all those years. What a delightful quilt to find, though, and get to revisit! Surely there might be a grandbaby boy, nephew, cousin, etc to give the quilt to? Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)

Kit Lang said...

What a lovely, simple quilt!

Karen said...

I'm so pleased you found it. It's a lovely quilt with gorgeous colours. Even if a boy didn't come along it still holds special memories!

Katie said...

Beautiful colors! I believe that you found that quilt because soon it will tell you where it needs to go. A situation will present itself and you'll just know...it's happened to me and it's such a wonderful experience.

Mama Mel said...

What a lovely quilt! I love the colors! I'm sure you'll be able to give it to some sweet baby boy someday! :)

Vicki said...

what a sweet surprise and a sweet quilt!

Charming's Mama said...

I have donated several baby quilt to our pregnancy resource center and never regretted it. You never know who it goes too, but I always prayer that whoever receives it that they and their baby will be blessed by the gift.

Eileen said...

darling quilt and what a fun and sweet story!! thanks for sharing and have a great day

Blog Widget by LinkWithin