Friday, October 22

the forgotten new

As my regular readers know, Fridays are spelling test day around here as well as my day to get caught up on ironing while I'm giving the spelling tests.  Typically it's just a matter of dictating words and doesn't take that long to do. I usually glance at the sentences that go with the vocabulary words for the occasion when someone simply can't remember ever hearing the word which is often because they've been pronouncing it totally incorrectly as they've been doing their spelling work through the week.  


Back to the sentences that go with the words and the one this morning that I immediately knew wasn't for my student but to make me laugh out loud.  It actually wasn't a sentence but a quote:


forgotten - "There is nothing new except what is forgotten." ~ Euclid


HA!  What a perfect quote to describe the life of a fifty something mom!  Somedays it feels like everything is new because I've forgotten all about this or that or the other thing so when I do hear about it, suddenly it is new.


Can anyone else relate?


Back to working on Friday's schoolwork corrections and celebrating the "newness" of life with a smile on my face!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Keeps life "exciting" for even the 30-something moms!!!

The Prude said...

So lazy- I was looking for a 'like' button for your forgetting quote!
Don't forget to have a glorious weekend!

mom said...

I'm glad others can relate, even you young ones!

I won't forget now that you have reminded me, Anita! You, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin