Monday, October 25

it's only an inch, right?

The other night my son and his best friend who are about six months apart in
age were arguing about who was taller.  Finally we got out the tape measure and had them stand against the kitchen wall to measure their heights.  After patting down their hair and drawing the lines, there's still about a half inch that separates them in height. 


Of course, once they were done all the daughters wanted to be measured to see how they compared with mom who may end up to be the shortest of the family unless the youngest doesn't follow the pattern of her siblings.  Once the lines were on the wall, I stood with my back to the wall for my measurement.  The tape measurement was made and I said, "WHAT?!" as I called for a re-measurement. When the second time came up with the same results as everyone witnessed they were accurate, I had to double check to make sure the tape measure was held firmly at the bottom.  "WHAT?!"


Alas, I was no longer five foot two eyes of blue.


Five feet and ONE inch!  I've shrunk an entire INCH!


I couldn't believe it and insisted that the dad of the family get measured, too.  And guess what?  He had lost an entire inch, too!


I guess I always thought you started shrinking when you got old.


Hmmmm.......


Well, I may be shrinking in height, but I do believe my heart has been growing with love over the years and in my mind that is all that really matters, right?


Are you up for the challenge?  Tell you what.  I'll still love you even if you are shorter nowadays!


Have a great Monday!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~



4 comments:

LaughingLady said...

That's incredible! I haven't started shrinking yet, but my parents sure have. It's WEIRD being just as tall ~ or taller ~ than my dad! (he wasn't very tall to begin with, so it didn't take much, but still, he's obviously lost at least two inches)

I agree with you though ~ if the heart keeps growing, that's all that matter!!

Anonymous said...

So funny- my husband and I are going through the same thing. I, too, demanded a re-measure.
And we are growing in grace too- what could be better!
(Anita)

jenny said...

Alas, I have begun shrinking, too. 3/4 of an inch when I was last at the doctor last month. This is not to my liking. But, what are you going to do?

ChiGirl said...

"Five foot one, eyes that stun"?? sorry...just trying to make you feel better. LOL :-) Love you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin