Tuesday, October 5

a morning gift

Having one of those wide awake 5 AM moments, I resisted the urge to roll over and attempt to fall back to sleep knowing that I wouldn't be able to actually fall back asleep because I felt too awake.  Besides, wasn't I the one recently muttering to God about needing to get back into my early morning walking routine since falling out of the habit once summer arrived.  I guess He heard me, eh?

So, I quietly got up, got dressed, and got my water bottle filled.  The cat ran to the door happy to see someone up and moving so early in the morning, but once I opened the door to the cold dark outside he scooted back into the warm kitchen. 

Very carefully making my way down the frosty porch steps, I suddenly looked up.  The dark clear skies were filled with stars!  I slowly turned in a circle trying to see every star that brightened the sky.  It honestly took my breath away as it was such a magnificent view!  Driving down the driveway, the moon was a bright sliver in the sky and the rest of the moon had a visible light glow.  Spectacular!

As I was thinking about how I've been looking up a lot recently admiring the daytime beauty of the trees and now the nighttime beauty of the skies, it seemed to be a parallel of how I've also spent a lot of time recently looking up to the Lord as I focus my eyes on Him both in the daytime and the nighttime.  It reminded me of Psalm 121:


I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all evil,
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep 
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

What a perfect way to start my day!  I hope it will encourage you, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin