Friday, October 1

the October sun

Welcome to October!

It is a very crispy morning with the color in the woods at its peak.  Simply gorgeous!

What a wonderful and perfect verse to start my month:

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield;  the Lord will give grace and glory." ~ Psalm 84:11

When I looked up the verse in my Bible to verify it before typing it here, I saw there was more to the verse....."No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly."

As I thought about the month ahead and all the things already on my calendar, my heart is excited!  I know it will be a month of God shining brightly like the sun as He is given glory and how thankful I am that He shields us a bit with His grace to prevent life from being overwhelming.  The added bonus is that He does not withhold good from those whose hearts desire to follow Him and walk obediently.  Of course, those "good things" come in all kinds of different packages sometimes, don't they, which again makes us thankful that He shields us a bit with His grace.


May this verse be an encouragement to you, too, as you begin a new month!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Our fall splendor is already lying on the ground. We had great colour about two weeks ago, but it was pretty brief this year. A sudden frost and a cold, wet week kinda made short work of the leaves. :(

But at least we've had warm, sunny weather for the last week and are anticipating another week of almost summer-like temps, so that's exciting!!

mom said...

It is a sad moment when the trees become bare and you know winter is right around the corner. I'm glad you have warm sunny weather right now, too! Thanks for sharing it! ;-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin