Tuesday, October 12

Simple Woman's Daybook for October 12

For today October 12

Outside my window.....the early morning skies are hazy as it should be another gorgeous day ahead with autumn temperatures getting up around 70 degrees.

I am thinking....that finding a quiet spot in my house to work on learning my new laptop will be next to impossible.

I am thankful.....for the amazing and unexpected way God answers prayer!

I am wearing.....a pair of khakis with a long sleeved autumn colored flowered shirt.

I am hearing.....my littlest wiggle around in MY bed AGAIN.

I am creating.....so many little notes that I'm afraid something will get missed in the shuffle.


I am going.....to sort through flowerheads to see if we have many seeds for next year's garden.

I am reading....only the Bible and my devotionals right now.  Perhaps a book when life slows down.  It will, right?
 
I am praying.....for God to work in the life of someone I am close to as I trust Him to keep my hands out of it.
 
I am remembering.....raking out in the yard with all my little kids during the warm days of October.  Back then I didn't have to pay them much....hee hee....

I am hoping.....that the wood tick season will end SOON as I'm tired of the dogs bringing those little buddies into the house.
 
On my mind.....is applying all that God is teaching me right now and trying not to get overwhelmed by wanting to apply it all NOW.
 
From the learning rooms....we are now in a daily rhythm with our schooling which is oh, so very nice!

Noticing that....I'm waking up earlier lately even though it's getting darker earlier (does that make any sense?)

Pondering these words....."All God's revelations are sealed until they are opened to us by obedience." ~ Oswald Chambers

From the kitchen.....there will be some apple crisp made soon.
 
Around the house....are pieces of dried leaves that it seems everyone is bringing in on their feet.

One of my favorite things.....is the scent of autumn as you walk outdoors.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include planting garlic in the garden for next summer's garden, schooling,  a chiropractic appointment,  a board meeting, a midweek early morning women's Bible study at church with a Bible study in our home the same evening, organizing some files, learning new things on my computer, and later in the week being able to spend some time with a friend I met online! 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
I had stopped picking my zinnias late summer in hope that they would go to seed for me, but unfortunately heavy frosts seemed to stop them from maturing to that point.  We popped them all off the stems yesterday to examine them further in the days ahead, but I'm not too hopeful.  They are kind of pretty though in their dried state.


Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating during the month of October or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook


Have a wonderful autumn day!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

The Prude said...

What a great glimpse into your day. When I get discouraged that evil seems to be winning, God taps me on the shoulder and shows me my wonderful brothers and sisters who are worshiping, rejoicing and delighting in Him. What an encouragement!

Laura said...

Thank you for doing a daybook... I never saw one until yours! It's such a great idea so I decided to partake in it as well (and also stole the "extras" on your list!).

Kimmie said...

So nice to hear what you are doing. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your online friend.

Praying for you.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

mom said...

Do not become discouraged, my dear Anita! God holds the VICTORY! Don't let anyone else convince you differently....

I'll have to stop over, Laura! Extras? What extras? Perhaps I've added a thing or two over the time I've been doing this, eh? ;-)

I am looking forward to our meeting! :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin