Monday, October 11

youthful grass

This morning when I drove home from my early morning walk at the high school, I noticed that my next door neighbor's house was already dark.  Must be gone to work already was my first thought.  My second thought then wandered to their family.  


The young newly married couple moved in next door when we already had a few kids in our family.  We watched them bring three sons into the world who mingled with our season of sons through their growing up years.  This fall they sent their youngest son off to college and are empty nesters while we are still growing up four kids at home before we get to that point.  


Suddenly I felt old.  Older than dirt!


Perhaps I haven't really noticed the passage of time since the days go by so swiftly having been raising a large family over the last thirty years.  Those children - and now grandchildren - keep me thinking I'm still young.


"As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more." ~ Psalm 103:15-16


The older I get, the more I understand the whole days are like grass thing.  Life often does feel like it passes like the blink of an eye or a blade of grass.  But all is not lost if you read the next couple of verses:


"But the steadfast love of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments."  ~ Psalm 103:17-18


Suddenly I feel young as I consider eternity and my family!  


Whew! My day has just improved by leaps and bounds! Now to go and live it fully doing all the Lord has called me to for this day.


May you, too, enjoy this day of youth!


Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

3 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I think I need to bookmark this post to read and re-read on my next couple of birthdays as 40 gets closer and closer!!

Wonderful perspective.

The Prude said...

Here I am! And for some reason I am 'baskcon'on your followers. Google continues to confuse me on a daily basis.
Nice site! Wonderful post today- I'll be back!

mom said...

Savor the moments, my dear young friend!

And thanks for stopping whoever you are according t the world of google! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin